I

Kiana felt a shiver go down her spine as she warily took in her surroundings, eyebrows furrowed slightly as she surveyed the passengers around her in the crowded tube carriage. No one seemed to be looking at her but she could still feel the skin-crawling feeling of eyes on her, shrugging it off; she just continued to look out of the window waiting for her stop.

She buried her nose into her scarf searching for warmth as cold air rushed into the carriage every time the heavy train doors cranked open, the winter cold was no joke and she knew she'd have to bring out her heavy coat soon but she was always too lazy to go looking for it. She swayed with the train and just closed her eyes for a bit, work was really kicking her ass at the moment and her pig-headed boss wasn't doing much to lighten her load.

Lost in her thoughts, Kiana was only brought back to reality when she heard the familiar announcement that they had approached her stop. She got off the train quickly and walked ahead so that she didn't get swept up in the crowd, the faster she got to the warmth of her flat the better. She walked leisurely, not paying attention to the way her combat boots left light footprints on the frost-covered pavement or the people littering the street, smiling to herself once she saw the main doors to her apartment complex.

As she waited in the elevator, her numb fingers fumbled in her purse to find her keys wanting to get them as soon as she could. Once the doors opened, Kiana immediately knew something was wrong. The little white flower pot she had outside of her door was slightly shifted to the right, the moved dust outside her door proved it. She took a deep breath as she looked down the corridor even though she knew it'd be empty and tried to calm her mind. She must've knocked it when she was in a rush to leave the house that morning, yeah that had to be it because even though she had no memory of doing it, that was the only rational explanation.

Still, she opened her front door slowly peering into her dark apartment before stepping in and quickly flicking on her light. Nothing seemed to be out of place in her home and it was all how she'd left it, so she ignored her uncomfortable feeling as she sat on the sofa deciding it was probably just paranoia due to living in a place by herself for the first time. Sighing she pulled out her phone to see she had a missed call from her best friend Mickey and Kiana knew she had to call her back or she'd never hear the end of it. The phone rung for a few seconds and then:

"...Hello?"

"Hey Mickey, I just saw your missed call, is everything alright?"

"Kianaaa, I missed you. We never go out anymore and I wanna have fun with you again."

Kiana rolled her eyes as her friend spoke, knowing she had a pout on her face and probably a bottle of alcohol in her hand.

"Yeah, I miss you too, Miss Girl." Kiana replied as she reclined back on her sofa, kicking her feet up onto the coffee table, something she was never allowed to do back in her mothers home.

"Let's go out this Friday! I wanna be fucked like a sluttt and get drunk." Mickey sang into the phone as she shuffled around her room.

"You sound like you're halfway there already." Kiana laughed, completely forgetting about her uneasy feeling.

"Um, chile anyways, so you up to go out?"

"I mean, I don't have any plans so I gu-"

Mickey cut her off with an excited shriek and a thump.

"You alright there, Mick?" Kiana asked.

"Yes! I'm great, fabulous even! Kiana and Mickey back on their bullsh-"

"Okay relax, I'll see you then."

****
kianaaaaa

****kianaaaaa