II

Kaito walked into the cosy coffee shop, a small smile playing on his lips once he spotted who was posted up behind the counter.

Kiana.

The beautiful dark-skinned woman who had caught his eye on  Friday night and made his heartbeat erratically. Kaito couldn't help but smirk once he saw the expression of mild surprise on her face.

"Ah, so we meet again, Kiana."

Kiana scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, hand skipping over a particularly sensitive hickey.

"That we do... Uh, what can I get for you?"

"Well," Kaito began, a mischievous glint in his deep brown eyes " I like my coffee like I like my women."

Kiana stared at him curiously, a smile playing at the corners of her full lips as she waited for him to continue.

"Black." He winked playfully.

Kiana burst into a fit of giggles and to her right, Vinnie rolled his eyes angrily shaking coffee beans but she paid him no mind.

"That was terrible." She laughed.

A light blush settled on Kaito's cheeks but he was too far gone to go back now.

"Really? I thought you woulda liked that one."

"Um yeah no. Please stop comparing black women to food, coffee, chocolate or otherwise, we don't actually like it."

"Duly noted." Kaito quipped.

The duo continued to chat aimlessly as Kiana prepared the coffee, conversation flowing naturally and easily between them. You'd think after waking up to an empty bed Kiana wouldn't be so happy talking to her little one night stand but as he stood there shooting her corny smiles and even cornier pickup lines.

"Your coffee."

Kiana smiled as she offered him the hot beverage, heat rushing to her cheeks when their fingers brushed together for longer than necessary. Kaito thanked her as he walked out of the coffee shop, eyes sparkling as he spotted 11 numbers scrawled onto the side of his cup with a small smiley face.

"Um, Miss Simpson would you like to enlighten your humble coworker and best friend what the hell that was?"

Kiana turned to see her friend Hafsa emerging from the kitchen, a tray of freshly baked muffins in her hands.

"Whatever do you mean Miss Hameed?" Kiana played innocent, batting her falsies in Hafsa's direction.

"Not you flirting with a customerrr." Hafsa drawled out, bumping Kiana with her hip.

"He's not even that good looking in the first place." Vinnie grumbled, untying his apron so that he could go on his break.

"You sir! Are you dumb? Or blind, because that man is Adonis personified."

"Tch, Adonis where? He looks like a dick to me."

"Mr man you're giving me jealousy"

Kiana tuned out the childish bickering and smiled to herself once she heard her phone ping.

xxx-xxx-xx7

Hey kiana it's kaito 😉

[received at 3:56pm]

Kiana

hiii

[sent at 4:00pm]