10 • Find Me

❝Love isn't something you find; it's something that finds you.

-Lorella Young

✿ 

"You're soaked!" You laugh, pointing at Shoyo who is, indeed, soaked.

After he sprayed you with the hose, you used what you had, and you just happened to be holding a bucket that he filled with water.

Unfortunately, he's still holding a running hose, and as soon as you close your eyes you're getting sprayed again.

"Payback!" He says, laughing.

"You started it!" You reply, searching for something to fight back.

Your hair is wet and matted, sticking to your also wet face. The sun smiles down on you both, as if watching your water-fight. 

You run to the other side of the house, where you keep the rest of your buckets and watering cans. Shoyo can't follow you there.

"Aw, don't run away!" He calls, taunting you.

You grin, grabbing two other buckets filled to the brim. And instead of going back around the front of the house where Shoyo is waiting, you sneak around the back for a sneak attack.

As expected, he's waiting for you to come around the front, and he doesn't see you come up behind him. 

You dump both buckets of water on him at once, and he shrieks, dropping the hose. You laugh, running around him and turning off the water. 

He sits in the wet puddles, defeated. You stand over him, grinning.

"Well, well, well." You giggle, leaning down to his face, "don't start fights you can't win, Shoyo."

He smirks. 

Then spews water at you from his mouth.

"Ew!" You laugh, falling backwards into the puddle with him.

He laughs hysterically, and you join him, splashing him with the dirty puddle water. He splashes you back. 

"Ah it got in my mouth," he coughs, wiping his face. 

You giggle. "We should probably go clean up."

Shoyo nods, smiling. "Yeah, my parents probably won't be too happy."

You feel that familiar heavy feeling, as if something is pressing on your chest. You imagine Shoyo getting yelled at because of you. Dang it.

"Do you want to take a shower?" You blurt.

Shoyo blinks, his cheeks turning a pale pink. Your face matching his, you quickly make a clarification. "N-not, like, together or anything--"

"Yeah, sure," he interrupts, probably sensing the awkward silence ahead. "I should clean up before I go home. But really, you wouldn't mind me using your shower?"

You smile. "It's fine. I live alone now, anyways, so you'd have your privacy."

You suppress a blush. The heavy feeling is gone, but now it's replaced with a fluttering feeling in your stomach. What the heck?

Shoyo stands up, offering you his hand. You take it, and at the contact, your heart pounds. 

What is wrong with you today?

Shoyo is in the shower, and the running water covers the sound of you cooking up a snack. It's the least you could do after everything.

You picked some strawberries from the garden, and you're currently attempting to make strawberry muffins. It's . . . not going too well. Let's just say Grandma usually did the cooking, and even when she didn't, you bought most of your food from Sakanoshita. 

You listen as the water stops, and Shoyo opens the door. He must've taken a really hot shower, because his hair is steamy. He's drying off with the towel you gave him.

You blush.

"Whatcha makin'?" He says, running over to you

You frown. "I tried to make muffins, but I think I might've burned them."

Shoyo laughs. "Might've?"

"Oh yeah?" You counter. "Let's see you do better."

Let's just say Shoyo didn't even know how to start, and almost ended up putting muffin batter in the toaster. Thankfully you stopped him.

"How about we do it together?" You say, taking the batter from him.

He nods, picking up the sugar bag and grabbing some strawberries. 

"Let's do this."

"There we go," Shoyo says, triumphant, "now we wait."

The strawberry muffins are in the oven, but only after your struggle to make them. As Shoyo watches the muffins cook through the oven window, you go to the bathroom to wash your hands. You got sugar all over them.

You turn on the sink, letting cold water run over your hands. When you look in the mirror, Shoyo's sloppy handwriting meets your eyes. You smile.

The mirror is coated in steam from the shower, and written in bubbly letters is a thank you, accompanied by a smiley face.