19 • See You Again

❝Only during the pain of parting can someone realize how they feel.❞

"Tickets please."

The man at the door looks annoyed, tapping his shoe and sighing. You fumble in your pockets, holding out some money you found in the headmaster's car.

"Is this enough?" You ask. The man shakes his head.

"Tickets," he explains, "you need tickets to enter."

You look at Mang, who shrugs, then you turn back to the man. "What if I just gave you this money?"

"I said no," he sighs, "you. need. tickets."

You grumble, taking Mang's hand and leading her away. After glancing at the man once more, you whisper to her.

"Do you think there's a back door?"

She grins. "Let's go look."

You run around to the back of the gym, being as quiet as you can. Mang sneaks beside you, her orange hair falling in her face.

She trips, landing face first on the ground.

"Oh my gosh, Mang!" You gasp, helping her up, "Are you okay?"

She wipes her face, dirt rubbing off onto her hands. "I'm fine." 

"Hey!" A man shouts, "What are you two doing back here?"

You grab Mang's arm. "Let's go!"

You both run back to the front of the gym, your shoes tossing dirt into your pursuer's face. He coughs, getting even angrier.

He's not guarding the door anymore, so you just run on inside, the sound of the volleyball game making you smile. Shoes squeaking against the court, the cheers of the crowd and shouts of teammates.

You hurry behind the bleachers, Mang in awe of the crowd.

Once you're hidden fairly well, you smile. "Have you ever been to a volleyball game before?"

"No," she replies, staring from behind the bleachers, "there's so many people!"

You laugh, then point to the court. "See number 10? That's him! He can help us!"

You watch as Shoyo jumps, bringing his hand down and smacking the ball to the court floor. Date Tech's blockers had been bested by the decoy.

"WWOOOOOOO SHOOOOYYYOOOOOOO!!!!!!" You scream in spite of yourself. Mang looks at you like you're crazy, but then she starts to cheer too.

He looks your way, and your heart skips a beat. Did he hear you?

But then, since he wasn't looking . . . 

 . . . a spike hits him in the face, sending him flying backwards. 

Your jaw drops. "Shoyo!"

Someone blows a whistle as Shoyo's teammates help him up, only to reveal that his nose is bleeding. They take him off of the court, and number 11 takes his place.