3 • Karasuno Volleyball Club

❝ With rebellion, awareness is born.❞

-Albert Camus

You knock on the large door, one hand grasping Shoyo's bag around your shoulder. There's a loud creak as the door opens, revealing a girl with short blonde hair.

"H-hello?" She stutters, taking in your appearance.

You blush in embarrassment. You probably look awful right now; you haven't been clothes shopping in ages and you're not even wearing a school uniform.

"Hi," you smile, "I'm looking for someone by the name of Shoyo?"

"Hinata!" A boy with a buzz-cut shouts, popping out of nowhere, "Do you know this girl? She's pretty cute-!"

An older-looking brown haired boy appears behind him, bonking him on the head. "Stop being inappropriate."

You shrink back, both hands clutching the bag now. "I-I just want to return something he left at my house-"

"Oooh so you've been going to a girl's house, Hinata? Is that why you were late to practice?~" Buzz-cut boy laughs, earning another bonk from the older one.

"I was late because I couldn't find my bag--" Shoyo comes to the door, spotting you and his bag in your hand, "O-oh!"

You hand it to him, blushing. "You left this yesterday after the crash. It looks important so. . ."

"Yes, thank you!" Shoyo coos, shifting through the stuff in the bag, a smile stretched across his face. 

You notice he still has the same band-aid on his face. Did he not change it. . . ?

"Well, I'd better go," you say, starting to turn around. As you walk away, you hear voices taunt Shoyo.

"Awe, Hinata, tell your girlfriend to come back!"

"Sh-she's not my. . . !"

"Oi Dumbass! Stop messing around and get back here!"

"You really think he could get a girlfriend in the first place?"

Then the door closes, muffling the voices to unintelligible shouts. 

You feel the wind again, contrasting to the heat of yesterday, ruffling your hair as if saying good job.

You feel a strange sense of content, for some strange reason. All you did was return an item to its owner.

But the smile on his face when he got it back was worth it.

And then, that feeling disappears, instead replaced by loneliness. A longing to smile with friends and laugh like you did in junior high.

Loneliness, like a pit in your stomach, eating away the little that's left of you.

You ignore it and decide to head home, unchaining your bike from the pole and hopping on, riding away, thinking about everything other than how you feel.