16. Dr. Bryan

"Is this place good enough for you?" asks Tristan.

"Good enough. At least we got a roof above our heads," replies Bryan.

Tristan looks a bit angry. He hates Axell for putting Bryan and his teammates at the edge of town. Far from their home. The building is old and shabby looking one.

He has asked for them to settle in their neighbor building. Axell denied his request instantly.

Tristan has come to pick up Bryan to base hospital. They walk on foot. The young doctor has been assigned in the next day. The base direly needs more medical officers.

Bryan asks casually, "Have we met before?"

"You probably didn't remember me. Once I was your patient."

"Really? I only graduated just before Apocalypse began. I didn't..."

Tristan laughs nervously.

He lies, "I mean when you were still training. We did meet before. You just didn't remember me."

They are walking in a bit deserted area. No one is around them at the moment.

Bryan suddenly pauses walking. His light brown eyes change color into bluish.

He stares Tristan straight on his weird eye colors.

Beautiful eyes.

That's the last thing crossed Tris' mind before his mind goes blank.

Bryan asks, "Who are you? How do you know me?"

"You saved my life."

Tristan's voice is a bit dull and sounds mechanical way.

Bryan asks, "When?"

Tristan mentions a year. The number is nine years away from now.

Bryan frowns. It's impossible for Tristan to lie to him at this moment. He is under his hypnotic influence.

He asks, "Why are you so nice to me?"

"I like you."

Bryan is stunned. He frowns before he laughs weakly.

He asks, "Are you reborn?"

"Yes."

"How did you die?"

"Saving you."

Bryan is shocked.

Tristan's eyes begin to close on their own. There is a limit in controlling mind. His power isn't sufficient enough to control a person completely.

Bryan whispers to his ear, "You won't remember any of this conversation later."

Tristan nods his head.

When he opens his eyes again, Bryan has walked few meters ahead of him.

Tristan holds his head. A sudden headache is splitting his head apart.

Bryan stops walking. He turns his head around. Tristan immediately follows him like a loyal puppy.

The doctor sneers. Easy to manipulate this guy. Maybe because Tris likes him. He is perfectly defenseless in front of Bryan.

In the base, Axell is throwing darts toward a straw dummy numerous times.

There is a name written on it.

Dr. Bryan.

He kept launching sharp darts toward the dummy. Piercing him like a porcupine. Wished this was a voodoo doll. He could lay a curse on that doctor.