31. B City Base

Entering Beijing city base in Beijing isn't an easy feat. Many survivors are camping outside the walls. Hoping to get in.

Fortunately old Feng Zhao used to be a general. He has retired for many years. Many juniors are still serving in the military.

Their group enters the base after the old man chats with one of his old friends.

Feng Zhao couldn't survive without his cigars. He has brought two boxes with him. He has to give them/bribe his old friend.

Beijing has transformed from a cultural heritage city into a perfect fortress. The base inner wall is in the Forbidden city.

Emperors in the past probably would never imagine the walls would separate humans from zombies.

Feng Zhao's old friend used to be his junior in military. He is still active and has many subordinates.

His name is Xiong Dan. He has a burly figure like a bear. He lighted the cigar and takes a deep inhale.

"Finally, I'm alive again. Old Zhao, you really knows how to live well. Even in this era. Is it true you got a bunker somewhere?"

"No. It was ruined by fucking zombies. Who is in charge of the capital base right now?"

"In the paperwork, it should be three commanders. In reality, it should be Xiao Hei."

Feng Zhao is shocked. To think a mob king could rule the capital like this.

Xiao Hei used to be the most powerful mob king in China. He has numerous shady deals with the government.

It's easier to control the gangsters using the same shady character. Because government is restricted by laws.

Some international terrorists/ CIA agents threatened national security. Sent Xiao Hei's men to deal with them first.

Government would reject to take the blame if the mission failed. After all, it isn't logical for government to raise dogs from underworld.

Xiao Hei was very successful in controlling gangsters and smaller mafias in China mainland and Hong Kong. That's the reason the government kept this loyal dog.

To think the dog shall be the Master now.

It's absurd!

Feng Zhao asks, "Someone didn't try to stop him?"

"Two previous commanders and his men did. They died brutally. Eaten alive by zombies. After that, no one dared to challenge his authority anymore."

Richard asks, "There are zombies in base?"

"In some areas. Xiao Hei are using them as guinea pigs. Also tortures instruments for disobedient men."

Feng Zhao still looks upset.

His friend taps on his shoulder.

He says, "Just give it up. Old war horses like us are destined to lay our heads low. Retired and grazing grass."

He notices the team behind Feng Zhao. They look like strong powerful ability users. Not rag tag team like his teammates.

He asks, "Where do you find these folks?"

Richard sneers when he asks, "You don't remember me? I used to knock some senses to your useless boy."

"Oh, it's you, Richard. Thought you're a gangster."

Richard rolls his eyes. He heard that comment too much. It's ain't even funny.

Axell orders, "Call great uncle."