23. Be Brave

Warning : NSFW

Blair yawns loudly.

Last night he had a nightmare. Countless zombies were swarming into him. Richard showed up. He didn't help him. He fetched the Lemon Guy. Princess carry style.

They got married and sailed away in a yacht.

Blair couldn't sleep again afterwards. He goes early to work today. He stops by at canteen to eat breakfast.

Jake and his grandpa are eating together. Blair greets them before he sits alone in a corner.

Jake complaints, "Uncle Richard is going to marry that guy."

Blair accidentally drops his spoon. He is shocked. That's too fast. Richard and that guy just hooked up last night.

Feng Zhao comments, "Time doesn't matter. When you met the right one, don't be afraid. Just confess honestly."

Jake asks, "How should I know when I found the right one?"

"You would be afraid to loose that person."

Blair snorts a little. Richard is a terrible pest in his eyes. Not worthy of his valuable times.

The grandpa asks, "Imagine this. If he died or left you. How do you feel?"

Suddenly Blair feels suffocated. He remembers his dream. Richard left him. He married the other guy.

Few tears fell down from his cheeks when he woke up this morning. He could lie that's because he was scared of zombies.

Feng Zhao asks Jake,"You know what is regret, boy? Having him in front of you and you rejected him. This is Apocalypse world. People died everyday. If he's gone..."

Blair suddenly rises from his seat. He walks away. Leaving his meal untouched.

Jake is grinning widely. His grandpa lights a cigar and puffs off some smokes.

The boy asks,"Will it work, gramps?"

"Of course. I used to be the best strategist in my time. You really like Blair, don't you?"

"Yeah. I want him to be my foster mom."

They make a fist bump to celebrate their victory.

Stupid Richard.

He needed his old man and adopted son to play matchmakers.

One boy and one old man couldn't stop worrying when they heard Richard found a new lover.

Blair is the perfect candidate as his wifey. He knows how to handle the base affairs. He manages people very well. This HQ couldn't loose him.

Richard has brought Tristan to Axell's place. His nephew and his men arrived at base at dawn this morning.

The general asks, "Did you find anything useful?"

"Less zombies than usual. Most of them might be frozen under all the snows. Mutant animals are in hibernation too. It's safe. Except for the risk of frostbite."

Axell got a fire ability user in his team. That's why he dared to lead his men out. It was quite a harvest. They couldn't find any edible food. They found some good quilts and scarves in one abandoned mall.

He glances at the yellow jacket guy.

Axell protests, "I won't accept him."

Tristan looks hurt. This guy showed up many times in his dreams. He always smiled to him. Not cold like this.