Chapter 0 - Prologue

Year of 2022, August 1st...

The NerveGear officially released a few months ago, around May. However, today is the day where the first Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game known as Sword Art Online, releases it's beta testing.

2:00 PM in Rimuru's house...

Third Person POV

Inside a fairly big and beautifully decorated room, a long silvery blue haired boy could now be seen sitting on his bed and grabbing his NerveGear from the table next to his bed. Just from the look on his face alone, you could tell that he was almost bursting out of excitement, with the boy clearly having been looking forward to this moment ever since the game was first announced.

As usual, the 14 year old boy found himself alone inside the fairly big home that housed him and his parents. This was due to his parents still being on another work trip overseas from 2 months ago. However, due to the amount of times that this has happened throughout his life, the boy was already used to being alone inside his home.

Ignoring this, the boy soon looked down at the NerveGear he was holding and smiled brightly.

Rimuru: This is going to be so cool! Can't wait to see the game with my own two eyes!

Rimuru then quickly connected his NerveGear to a power source next to his bed, soon quickly putting on his NerveGear and laying down on his bed.

Rimuru: Link..Start!!

He then closed his eyes as the system soon quickly starts.

After a few seconds of booting up the NerveGear and then opening up Sword Art Online, Rimuru was soon met with the game's character creation menu

Rimuru: Woah you can even make your own characters...Hmmmm...

He soon found himself stuck inside his thoughts, conflicted about either deciding to make a character or just going with his actual appearance.

Rimuru: Hmmmm...I think I'll just go with my normal appearance.

He clicks the option to just go with his actual appearance and soon gets asked for the name of his account.

Rimuru: Oh yeah I completely forgot about this! Hmmm I should think of a cool username like "Reaper" or something like that!

He soon started typing in "Reaper" as his username before soon quickly stopping himself.

Rimuru: ..Wait no! I keep forgetting that I'll be playing with hundreds or even thousands of other people as well, I can't let anyone see me with such an edgy username..!

The boy soon quickly deleted what he typed and decided to just write his actual name, which was of course "Rimuru".

He then finished entering his information and password for his account, soon clicking the finished button and getting teleported into the world of Sword Art Online.