Chapter 3 - Our Journey's First Steps

Year of 2022, November 6th...

Aincrad Standard Time, 7:32 PM...Floor 1 - Origin Plains

Third Person POV

It had now been over 2 hours since Rimuru and Koharu left to the Origin Plains on their quest to retrieve information about the mobs on this floor.

While exploring the floor and the mobs that inhabited it, Rimuru and Koharu grinded as many mobs as possible in order to raise their level a bit more. Koharu then opened up her menu while walking alongside Rimuru, checking all the information that she had been writting in a draft message directed to Argo.

Koharu: Hmmm...so we now have information about the Wild Boars, Direwolves, Stabbing Wasps, Little Nepenthes, and Fruit Nepenthes.

Rimuru looked at what Koharu was typing and soon realized that he forgot to write down the information for Argo as well.

Rimuru: Woops, seems I got too distracted with the mobs on this floor..

Rimuru chuckles nervously while putting one of his hands behind his head, knowing how Koharu most likely just saved him from Argo's wrath. Koharu then looks at him and giggles since she knew that she just saved him from Argo.

Koharu: Ah, what would you do without me?!

Rimuru: Well, guess having a partner is great after all!

Rimuru opened up his menu as well, noticing how they have been out deep in the Origin Plains for quite a while, it almost being 8 PM. 

Rimuru soon sighed while looking at the sky, the beautiful sunset shining bright above them. He of course missed his family and friends out in the real world, still finding it crazy to believe that they were actually going to be trapped in this game for who knows how long.

Koharu closed her menu while walking and looked at Rimuru, clearly noticing that he was thinking or worried about something.

Koharu: ...Guessing you're worried about this whole situation just like me, huh?

Rimuru snapped out of his thoughts and stopped walking, soon looking at Koharu and sighing.

Rimuru: Yeah..I know I promised to get you and everyone out of here, but I can't help but think about what's going on in the real world right now as well...

Koharu soon stopped walking as well and looked back at him while giving him a smile like always.

Koharu: I've been thinking about the same thing all this time as well..but at least knowing that I have people like Kirito, Klein, and most importantly, you, has helped me feel way better than I did in the beginning!

Rimuru soon smiled when he heard this, glad that he was helping Koharu feel better about this situation that they are all in.

Rimuru: Im glad! Anyways, from what I remember when we played the beta, those should be all the mobs on this floor apart from the ones in the labyrinth.

Koharu: Yeah-

Just before Koharu could finish what she was about to say, we heard commotion coming from nearby in the forest, as well as yelling.

As soon as Rimuru and Koharu heard that, they both look at each other and nod, both quickly rushing towards the direction of all the noise.

Rimuru's POV

Once we both arrived inside a clearing in the forest, we spotted a group of about 5 people fighting a pack of Direwolves. What quickly caught my attention however was that one of the Direwolves was way taller than the rest and had completely black fur instead of the usual grayish fur.