66

It was almost the Christmas holidays. As Draco had gone back home, she was busy dealing with grading papers and dealing with herself. As she gave the grades in the paper, her hand shook, causing uneven lines. To say she was stressed was an understatement.

The brighter side was she didn't have anything else to worry about at Hogwarts. Not her family, not having to see the Dark Lord, or her aunt torture a person.

There weren't many students at Hogwarts. Which parent would keep their daughters and sons at the school Death Eaters had infiltrated. There were only a few Slytherins who stayed back for the holidays such as Crabbe, Goyle, and Nott — all whose parents were, without a doubt, Death Eaters, most likely in the Ministry or out trying to catch Potter.

Cassie stood up, stacking her papers. Cassie would have gone back for the holidays to her family, but she had many things to plan for her student's N.E.W.Ts and she was behind on grading assignments.

Cassie's heart began to pound. Her hand began to shake. It was warning signs something bad would happen. It occurred whenever he was present, either in the room or in her head... She would rather it be in person than in her mind.

Cassie leaned onto her desk, closing her eyes. Her heart raced and she grasped her trembling hand. She fell back into her seat, focusing hard to keep him out.

"Something precious of mine is being kept at Hogwarts," he said. "Cassiopeia has it in her possession... " There was another voice, but she couldn't make it out. "I come to say should she place it in the wrong hands... I will kill her... My snake will tear her apart, limb from limb."

The Dark Lord had left her. She opened her eyes and rushed over to a wall and waved her wand. An opening appeared and she took the black velvet box. She opened it, taking it out. The light shined onto the silver and the jewels of the crown. It was still there — Ravenclaw's diadem.

Cassie didn't fully understand what was so important about it. She knew that no one could get it. She knew the diadem to be Ravenclaw's rightful possession just as Gryffindor's sword was Gryffindor's rightful owner. She also knew to respect the founders, Cassie couldn't keep it. But that meant going against the Dark Lord.

Cassie looked slightly to her right at a picture frame in her safe. She took it and smiled. In the corner was the date 27 December 1995. Her thumb went over the redheaded Weasley who gave her a sad but assuring smile.

"What am I doing?" she muttered.

There was a knock on the door. She put the picture back and closed the box, placing it safely inside. She waved her wand over it and the stone sealed it closed.

Cassie looked at the door as it opened. Addy was there, looking at her frantically. For a few moments, she paced back and forth looking as though she was going to break down.

"Okay, Addy, stop," said Cassie, calm. "If you keep doing that, you're gonna make me worried and I don't do well with worrying."

"Okay, you need to listen to me!" Addy told her, probably the most stern she had ever been. "You must come back with me, all right?"

"Why?" Cassie asked. "What's— "

"How much do you trust me?" Addy asked.

Cassie sighed. "All right. But I trust whatever it is you need me for, it has good reason. I was busy grading papers."

Addy took her towards Hagrid's hut, which wasn't really his anymore given his runaway. Cassie still hadn't been able to talk to Snape about that. She followed Addy into the forest, making her wonder where Addy was taking her.