68

Cassie stared into the fireplace, on edge. It wouldn't be long until one of the Death Eaters or the Snatchers would find Potter and his friends. Cassie was constantly worried for her life and her family's life. That was why she couldn't leave with the Order. If she was to be honest, she knew she was the only one who could stand in front of the Dark Lord and look straight into his cold, evil eyes.

Draco noticed her knee bouncing up and down under her dress. He saw her hands were shaking and noticed her uneven, heavy breaths. Without a word, Draco held her hands, placing them onto her knee to stop her from moving. Cassie smiled at him gratefully.

Lucius looked at his son and daughter. A small smile appeared on his face. He still had his family, that was what mattered, and the two seemed to have bonded, however, not in the way he and Narcissa hoped. They bonded and grew closer because of the dark circumstances thrown at them at such a young age.

The two pulled away upon hearing the doors open. The family stood from their seats and looked to Narcissa who had brought guests.

"What is this?"

"They say they've got Potter," said Narcissa's cold voice. "Draco, come here."

Before he left her, Cassie squeezed his hand reassuringly and his finger swept away from her. Greyback forced the prisoners to turn, letting the light from the chandelier glow on him.

"Well, boy?" rasped the werewolf.

The boy looked different to Cassie. He had black hair that reached his shoulders and there was a dark shadow around his jaw.

"Well, Draco?" asked Lucius. "Is it? Is it Harry Potter?"

"I can't — I can't be sure," said Draco.

"But look at him carefully, look! Come closer!" Lucius told him. "Draco, if we are the ones who hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything will be forgiv— "

"Now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope Mr. Malfoy?" said Greyback menacingly.

"Of course not, of course not!" said Lucius impatiently.

Cassie met eyes with the redhead in the group. She let out a breath of air, seeing who it was. Ron Weasley. Then she noticed Hermione, then the Gryffindor, Dean Thomas.

"What did you do to him?" Lucius asked. "How did he get into this state?"

"That wasn't us."

"Looks more like a Stinging Jinx to me," Lucius figured.

His eyes raked his forehead. "There's something there," he whispered. "It could be the scar, stretched tight... "

"Draco, come here, look properly! What do you think?"

"Dad!" Cassie said in a warning tone, knowing the pressure he was giving Draco.

"I — I don't know," Draco told them, then walked back towards his sister and mother.

"We had better be certain, Lucius," Narcissa called. "Completely sure that it is Potter before we summon the Dark Lord. They say this is his." She was looking closely at a blackthorn wand. "However, it does not resemble Ollivander's description. If we are mistaken, if we call the Dark Lord here for nothing... Remember what he did to Rowle and Dolohov?"

"What about the Mudblood, then?" growled Greyback. The Snatchers forced the prisoners to swivel around again so that the light fell on Hermione.

"Wait," said Narcissa sharply. "Yes, yes, she was in Madam Malkin's with Potter! I saw her picture in the Prophet! Look, isn't it the Granger girl?"