✧・07: WE, MAUNDERERS

I look for a blonde-haired man to see if he's anywhere near. "Idiot," I cursed under my breath.

I ran outside the building using my en, then felt a familiar nen. After you got outside, you saw dead bodies of the phantom troupe and a blazing aura. Kurapika was filled with emptiness and disappointment, seeing the phantom troupe dead. Walking towards him made you feel uncomfortable but he needed the comfort but he left just like that.

You sigh to your embarrassment so you just went outside of the auction room. Waited for Kurapika to bid on his brethren's eyes, which saddened me. As a result of an audible sound was heard through your phone, knocking you out of your thoughts.

Jaiya was calling, and you picked up. "F/N?"

"Yes?"

"I forgot to ask you, where am I..?"

"Hiso- ahem you're in a faraway hotel from York New, the city is dangerous."

"I'm sorry, Onee-san... I made you worry, I was just mad because you didn't call me and.. I thought you replaced me."

"Replace? I would never replace you, you know that."

"But.. who was that 'Neon' who you are protecting?"

"She's my responsibility as her bodyguard, but I would never replace you with her. I promise you that,"

"Really? You mean that?" sniffs were heard in the background.

"Of course I do! You're my younger sister. But I have to go, take care"

"Stay safe Onee-san"

The call ended in a flash, but it's the perfect timing. The scarlet eyes are finally ours, but specifically, they're for Neon. I followed Kurapika thinking that he's going to Mr. Nostrade. But he.. went to the male's bathroom. That was awkward, so I waited outside. I looked so dumbfounded in my opinion.

Then he went outside, where are we going? His aura was murderous yet grieving.. I'm so useless if there was some way I could help him. We ran into Zenji, he was furious. I felt Kurapika's aura flared and spoke, "Don't tempt me right now. I don't care who I lash out. It might as well be you."

I felt awful for the Kurta man, sweat drops rolled from Zenji's face. I rubbed Kurapika's back to calm him down, and his aura hushed.

At last, we have arrived at Neon and Mr. Nostrade. Neon was so fascinated with the scarlet eyes that it made me sick. Kurapika was drowning in indescribable emptiness, I could tell by his actions while walking. I tug his tabard to see if he responds, not at all, not even a single glimpse nor movement came out of him.

We went outside to discuss work, I didn't give any attention to Mr. Nostrade. All my focus was on Kurapika, how can I help him...? He sat down after they discuss, I spoke up. "Kurapika, you should rest. You had a long day. We're worried about you. So please take our word." I and Melody looked at him with concern and he agreed then left.

"Is he really okay?" Basho inquired.

"Not at all." I started and they all looked at me with concern.

"The phantom troupe is dead. Which he wanted to do. No, he desired to do the work himself," I continued and looked at them. "He needs to take some time off, he needs it."

"I agree with Y/N's statement, he's out of it" Melody states.

I then message Hisoka. He replied minutes later.

Hisoka⭐💧

Hisoka. The bodies, are they fake?