✧・15: FALSE COMMENTARY

After about forty-five minutes, we had taken a break. We both were sweaty from all the movements, Sensei or so-called Caine went out for a minute. It was peaceful at most, I was getting dinner for Caine and me. Until something caught my attention, the bushes started to move. I pulled out my dagger for protection against the entity when it charges. It well rather they went out from the bushes while I had charged myself to them using Zetsu.

"Wait! I mean no harm!" they pleaded with teary eyes. The individual was a black-haired male with heterochromia eyes, blue and green-tinted.

"What's up with you using Zetsu while trying not to be completely hidden?" I asked the man behind him, still holding the dagger on his neck.

"T.. that was none of your concern!" He interjects.

None of my concern? This man is seriously saying it's none of my concern while he is lurking with Zetsu with a baton. I took a quick look at his feature. He had severely disheveled hair and rusty clothes, he seems to be training around this area and about a week or so. As I had thought, a shadow had formed just about thirty degrees from my view.

"What a pleasant surprise Meiru! Not have you tracked me but another student of mine!"

"Caine? What are you planning?" I asked Caine, my teacher for more information on the situation at hand.

Caine chuckles while he commands me to drop the dagger on the 'Meiru' man. I did as so, with the limited data, he seems to be a student of Caine's.

"Meiru, this is F/N L/N, my most promising pupil. F/N, this is Meiru Chinoka, the pupil I took much interest in!" Caine introduces us both to each other, and from the looks of it, I had met Meryl's relative.

"Did you have to introduce us like we're both youngsters?" I rolled my eyes.

Caine laughs and ruffles both our hairs, "Of course! After all, I am a lot older than you!"

Meiru had a terrified expression on his face, still terrified at my dagger from earlier. "So sensei, why did you go here for me to track you when you had another student you're teaching?"

"Brilliant question Meiru. Since she is going to teach you the basics!"

"Basics?/Pardon?" Meiru and I reacted to his statement, me teaching his pupil when it's my last day here? Is he trying to be lazy teaching me all of a sudden?

"I know what you're thinking about F/N and don't worry, your training is extended!" He informed me, sure I was glad but what made him change his mind?

He then explained that I should go to the basics and teach them to Meiru, and then he would teach me more in his free time. He told me that I am forbidden to stop until Meiru's last day of training which is five days from now.

Sure it was a dumb task for him to assign me but it was worth the shot to get more information in being resourceful. I agreed but Meiru just argued with Caine.

"But sensei! It's more okay for you to teach me not her!" Meiru informed Caine in return he created a tick mark on my temple. Caine asked what's the reason for it.

"Since she's probably weaker than I am and less experienced than me!" I then threw multiple sharp batons in his direction, that he was still at my sudden charge.

"You do not know who I am, so watch your mouth, honey. I may slice your head off with another remark coming out of your naive mouth." I spat on him. But he still refused so Caine made a way for him to agree.

He clapped and told us his so-called test, "What if you and F/N battle with just these blunt batons, and whoever wins will teach the other one on who's stronger?"

We both agreed to the terms, Caine had all his faith that I will win without the usage of nen. He was attached to me, after all, he's like my father figure. So silly.

He got onto his so-called intimidating stance while I did just a simple stance. Nen was not allowed in order to be resourceful. We then began. He launched at me first with the baton to my right arm until I dodged it and kicked him with my left leg. He let out a grunt of frustration then attacked me once again.

This led on for about one and a half minutes until I cornered him to a tree with the baton on his throat. We both heard a clapping noise from our mentor.

"Bravo you two! You put up a good fight Meiru with her," Caine laughed obnoxiously from behind, much that it made me roll my eyes.

Meiru fell to the ground breathlessly. "How did she beat me? Doesn't statistics show that men are stronger than females?"

I sigh at his naive thinking but I held out a hand to him, "Sure it's true, but if being strong is the only thing you got without stamina, agility, and strategy. You'll be in a coffin in no time."

Meiru looked up to me with eyebrows perked up. He sighed in defeat and then grabbed my hand to stand up. Caine proposed to go near a lake for the task. When we were discussing things. I mumbled out in a joking tone to Meiru, "You know Meryl passed all those things before you. You can learn a thing or two from him."

He gasped at the statement and shouted loudly at me. "You know my twin brother?!"

I look behind my shoulder to smirk, "Sure do, Mr. Chinoka"