Year 1- First classes

I woke up with a start. The horrible thoughts from after the sorting hat was back. I was sluggish to get out of bed and start getting ready. I planned to skip breakfast, just something I did for school because of the stress. I don't want to be sick on my first day at a new school. So, I decided to take a shower. I hadn't taken one for more than three days and my skin and hair honestly felt disgusting. I quietly got up and gathered my bathroom items and walked to the showers. While in the shower I began to overthink again. All those feelings from the sorting ceremony crashing into me like a tidal wave.

"What if he hates me?" I asked myself as I stood in the mirror.

I stared at my reflection as my hair was wrapped up in a towel on top of my head. I had changed into my school clothes, and did not like how the garnet colour of my house would more than likely clash with my hair colour. I wish I could change my hair colour. I also hated how my friends would be in emerald and I'd be the only garnet in the bunch, other than the Weasleys and Harry. Also, I hoped that my friends wouldn't abandon me because of my house. We all had felt pretty confident we would end up in houses where we could be together. I was terrified to start the day.

"Come on Allyson. Mum wouldn't be this terrified. She sacrificed herself for her kids."

I let my hair down and used a cotton shirt to finish drying my hair. I sighed at the curls my hair naturally fell into place. I don't really like them, but Aunt Petunia says it's the Evans blood in my veins. Which makes me a little happier about the curls, but not really by much. I let out a soft groan and finished my morning routine. After my teeth were brushed, my hair brushed and put up, and my tie was tied around my neck. I walked back to my common room and to my dorm. I packed my satchel bag with my school books, notebooks, a few quills and a couple secured bottles of ink. I preferred modern pens, but I spent the rest of the summer with the Weasleys preparing for Hogwarts. I was taught how to write with quills and how to tie my tie. Which I was super thankful to the Weasleys for.

Then a bell tolled, and I rushed out into the halls. The halls were packed, and a lot of students were looking at their timetable. I remembered mine partly, so I felt confident on where to go. Only problem, I have no clue where the potions room was. Just as I was about to ask a random student I saw Harry, Ron and Draco all close to me but in different directions. I weighed out all the pros and cons of all three, before settling on my brother. Draco probably didn't want to be seen with a Gryffindor anyways. I mean, Draco will probably start bullying me soon enough. I mean, I am a Gryffindor, and I am definitely not a pureblooded witch. I was born from a muggle born witch, so no matter what blood status Snape may have, I will always be a half-blood.

"HARRY!" I shouted.

I rushed to him as he stopped in the halls.

"Do you know where my dad's classroom is? I either lost or didn't get the paper with the directions on it."

"Yeah, he's down near the Slytherin common room. I'll show you. Ron, can you make sure our professor knows why I'll be a bit late?" Harry said.

"Yeah, sure. Hermione, you got that? You know me, probably will forget by the time we get there."

"Ugh, seriously, Ronald?! Of course, we'll make sure the teacher knows, Harry." A girl with brown curly hair said as she glared at Ron.

Harry rolled his eyes and took my wrist, leading me in the opposite direction he was originally heading. We weaved in and out of the crowd of people. Students and a few adults, probably professors, stood against the wall watching the crowds. Suddenly a monotone voice stopped us.

"Mister and Miss Potter, where are you going?"

Harry turned around and dragged me with him. My eyes glued to the floor, embarrassed of the fact that I needed help from my older brother. The feelings from earlier, though they didn't go away, were louder in my head once more. I stared at the floor inspecting mine, Harry and the professor's shoes along with the flooring.