Year 2- Petrified

School was going as well as it could. I had returned to normal classrooms after being assured by the professors that I'd have at least one of my friends or siblings in my classes. So far today I've had classes with Draco, Cassilynn, Harry, Hermione and a Slytherin I made fast friends with named Ean. I quite enjoyed my classes. I also have had a chance to make up for missing a couple quidditch matches once or twice, before it became way too cold for me to stand. The grim things of before now had gotten a lot worse. The whole school was basically against Harry now, ever since that duelling club fiasco. There were more ominous blood writings on the walls. Yet another student was petrified, and a ghost. Harry was being even sneakier than ever since. 

"Ally, dad is taking me to Hogsmeade to look at stuff. He likes to get a gauge on what to get me for Christmas. Would you care to join?"

"Sure, Cass, I'll meet you in the courtyard. I have a few assignments I'd like to be done first."

She went back over to her friends, while I focused back on my books. Transfiguration was a great class, when it came to the hands-on lessons. I had to write a paper for the class, and I couldn't be more lost. After about ten more agonisingly slow minutes I got up and packed my stuff up. If I'm going to be stupid and useless, I might as well go do that in the library. The library was the better option when studying anyways, it's always quiet and there are books galore in case I ever need extra help with a subject.

I was soon in the library, going straight to the back to sit. I always sit at the back of the library, there is less chance of someone finding me and interrupting my studying. I was fast approaching the top of my class, I was top of my class as a first year, but since being moved to second year I was third. Top of my class being blocked from my reach by Draco and Hermione. I sat at a table and got my books, parchment and ink out of my bag. I set them all out on the table before getting back to work on my paper.

Twenty gruelling minutes later, I had finally finished the paper. I packed up my stuff and went to the courtyard to meet with Dad and Cassi. I didn't bother to drop off my stuff, as I had my coin pouch in my bag and there was room for anything I bought. I got to the courtyard and was met with dad, impatiently tapping his foot, and Cassi sitting on a bench beside him looking bored. I laugh a bit and walk over to them.

"Sorry, I hope you haven't been waiting long. My transfiguration paper took longer than expected to finish."

"That's quite alright, Ally. Dad and I have only been here about ten minutes. Dad is just a bit weary when it comes to unexpected obstacles to plans."

Cassilynn stood up and dad started to lead us towards town. Cassilynn and I talked about random things, mostly about things her and her soulmate have said to each other, and done with each other, and our holiday plans. I was honestly excited to spend the holidays with people who, for the most part, all enjoyed my company and weren't there out of obligation. Sure, Harry and Aunt Petunia weren't there just out of obligation, but as we got older Dudley didn't care much about family holiday, he just wanted to get it over with so he could go hang out with his friends. However, with dad, Cassilynn, Orion, Narcissa, and Draco with me this holiday it feels like a Christmas wish come true. I'll miss Harry while I'm gone, but I will see him before and after Christmas break.

"What shoppe would you two like to start in?"

"Can we go to the jeweller? I want to see if they have anything that would be in Draco and Orion's taste."

"Cassi, is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, sure. I still need to find something for Aunt Cissa. So, that would be alright."

With a nod dad led us to a brick building with a sign that had a giant diamond ring at the top. Dad opens the door, a bell dinging as he did, and let us in before he followed in behind us. I immediately go up to the display case, trying to find something for Draco first. I saw a lot of rings, necklaces and earrings for girls, however the options for boys were scarce. I didn't really see anything that would fit Draco, or even Orion. Until a set caught my eye. They were promise rings, but I was only interested in one piece of the set.