Forgiveness and Reconciliations

The next few days were a complete surprise for Gauri. Nobody questioned or persuaded or even said a word about her equation with Omkaraji. Everyone was simply elated to have her back, as Anika's sister. 

This was incongruent with Gauri's past experience with the Oberois, who had previously come en masse to Bareilly to stop her wedding with Ajay. This was a family that liked, no, thrived, on patching up warring couples. She herself had enthusiastically become a part of this venture when she and Rudy bhaiyaa tried to intervene in the ego clash between Anika Jiji and Bade bhaiyaa. 

Omkaraji had been right that time. Only the two people involved in the relationship could mend it. He taught her another worthwhile lesson. 

'Ek tarfa rishta kabhi nahi nibhta' (One-sided relationship cannot be upheld) 

Sometimes, Gauri regretted ever meeting Omkaraji in Mumbai, in the guise of Chulbul. It was easier to be faithful to a faraway figure who had saved her life, who she would never see again, than someone who she knew, and wish she didn't.

"Oh my mata! Seeing dreams in the day, are we?" a sharp voice brought Gauri back to reality.

Gauri couldn't say she wasn't expecting it. She was with Anika and Dadi most of the trip, but now that she was back in the mansion, it was inevitable that Chhoti Maaji would find a way to ambush her, when no one was around. 

Pinky had never been fond of Gauri. Though in two years of knowing Anika she had given up her dislike of 'phatichar' bahus, she wasn't very keen on the idea of Gauri returning as the family's bahu. Perhaps it was because she couldn't bully or manipulate the girl, and unlike Anika, Gauri didn't crave for a family at the expense of her self-worth.

"Yes, Chhoti Maaji. How are you?" asked Gauri politely. 

"How would I be? I would obviously be well and in comfort in this mansion. But I heard that you were slogging in an Ashram to make ends meet. Why would choose to be in such pitiable condition?" scoffed Pinky. She could never resist a taunt.

"I am happy for you Chhoti Maaji, that you had your mansion and it's comfort. But for some of us either have no choice, or would rather prefer to take care of our needs ourselves rather than depend on our husbands or sons, for the same" said Gauri, emphasizing on the 'sons'.

That was another reason why Pinky disliked Gauri. She had a sharp tongue and didn't desist on hitting on a person's weak spot. 

Both ladies were thinking back to the time Bade bhaiyaa exposed Pinky for loving him because he was Shivaay Singh Oberoi, than because he was just Shivaay, her son. 

"Shivaay forgave me. Anika convinced him too" said Pinky curtly.

"I would expect no less from my sister. She is the master of forgiveness" said Gauri, grateful that her sister had forgiven her as well for not returning to the mansion from Bareilly.

"But you aren't like your sister, are you? You didn't forgive Omkara?" commented Pinky. She just couldn't resist saying something on the matter. 

"Maybe some of us desire a little something more than just being mother of a son who would make us proud" said Gauri, and left Pinky, without waiting for the elder lady's reply.

Pinky knew she shouldn't have poked her, especially when Anika requested everyone not to bother Gauri about her marriage with Omkara. But she never had the requisite will power to hold her tongue. And now she paid for it, by being reminded of how little Shaktiji was actually invested in their marriage, something that drove Pinky to be obsessed with her son, and especially, his success.