Rahiman dhaaga prem ka

Shivaay was pacing the length of the corridor outside the operating room in delivery ward. 

Despite everything, despite all the precautions they'd taken, despite doing everything they could do in their power, Annika's labour did not go as they hoped. The doctors after prolonged consultation yesterday decided that it would be a cesarean delivery. 

That in itself did not worry Shivaay, as much as the reason pained him. For despite all the care that Annika had received for over the past two years in the Oberoi mansion, her basic physical constitution was weak due to ignorance and negligence she suffered in her childhood, ever since she was orphaned. She was anemic, a fact which came to light only when they received the news of her pregnancy nine months ago, and all the care and concern they showered on her, could not reverse her condition. 

"Shivaay, you are going to wear out your shoes, if you continue walking back and forth like this" Omkara came up behind him. "Don't worry, the delivery will progress smoothly. Cesarean deliveries have become the norm now, I guess."

"It's not that, Om, I know that many women have complicated pregnancies, no, that is not what is really bothering me. It's what the doctor said about her childhood" confessed Shivaay.

"Ah!" Omkara sighed. He was present when the doctors discussed the operation with Shivaay. He knew how his brother's mind worked. "Shivaay, you can't change the past for bhaabhi, I know you wish you could, but there are somethings even the Great Wall of Shivaay can't do. You can do the best for her now, and you have. Regret and pity is not something that Annika bhaabhi would appreciate, if she got to know."

"Who's going to tell her? You?" Shivaay gave a slight smile. 

"Not me, but then the whole hospital has seen you worry for the past hour now" Omkara shrugged.

"They'll think it's for the delivery, which it is. Only you have a little more context" Shivaay looked around the corridor "Where are the others? Last I saw they were all gathered hereabouts." 

"Last time you saw was a while back. Rudy is in the cafeteria with his emotional support. Gauri is in the mandir with her emotional support" answered Omkara.

"There is a mandir in the hospital?" Shivaay raised an eyebrow.

"There is an idol and a sort of space to pray, I guess. And of course there would be prayer  arrangements in a hospital, for sure. This is where people in India need the almighty the most" Omkara rolled his eyes.

"And when you said emotional support for Rudy, you meant?" Shivaay tilted his head slightly.

Omkara grinned.

*******************************************************

"Oh, Rudy stop fidgeting so much. This is the fault of drinking so much protein shake, you know. There is too much energy in you now, and since you can't exercise, you're expending it on worrying, which starting to cause me anxiety as well."

Rudra didn't know whether her words helped or not, but he was so starved for her exposition on everything, that even though it had been two days since she came back to India, he couldn't seem to get enough of her voice.

"I'm so glad you're here, Sumo" he nodded his head.

Soumya rolled her eyes, "You've said this sixteen times since day before yesterday. I'm glad too, I'm back, but priorities, Rudra!" 

Rudra's grin faded, as worry clouded his eyes again. "Bhaabhi would be fine, right?" 

"But of course, she is" said Soumya assuredly. "Really! You men must start paying more attention, like, how do you not know how common cesarean is? I can understand Shivaay bhaiyaa, being worried, but why are you nearly biting your nails over this?"