Home Sweet Home

Elisa (Adoptive mother) pov

I hadn't expected her to run. As soon as I spoke she took off before Fiona pulled her back. Goodness, I knew some humans were afraid of giants, but until I watched the four and a half inched girl kicking and screaming to get away from me I didn't understand the full extent of it. It hurt. A lot. Fiona passed her over to me with a quick 'take good care of her,' I plop the tiny girl into my chest pocket. I couldn't ignore her tiny sobs so I say, "Faye, I know this probably isn't the family you were expecting to be adopted into, but... we are all very excited to meet you." She only stiffens in my pocket. Maybe I shouldn't speak to her, she needs time to calm herself. I finally pull up to the house and can still hear the girl crying.

Faye pov

I hear the car door slam and my heart begins to pick up speed. The thundering steps below me elicit heavy breaths. Unnatural light shines in the pocket and I whimper. "Is she here?!" The voice is slightly muffled, but that doesn't keep it from pounding in my ears. Another whimper comes through me "shhhhh," urges the giantess above me. "She's a little skittish so please be quiet." I hear another male voice, "can we see her?"

"Maybe later, but right now I'm sure she is very tired. I'll bring her to her room and get cooking before your father gets home." By now I've concluded that four giants live here, three guys including the dad and one female, the mom. I could hear the giant steps below me before they come to a stop. "Honey, I'm going to pick you up now," I almost screamed when I felt tree-sized fingers wrap around my stomach before I was set on a cushy surface. The giantess backs up to make me feel more comfortable I assume "if you need anything call me, you can call me Elisa alright hon?" I give a small nod and she smiles, "we'll bring you dinner when it's done if you don't feel comfortable enough to eat with us. We did order a little house for you, so that should be coming any day now, but until then enjoy the space."

"O-okay, th-thank you," at that the giantess steps out of the room and closes the door quietly. I let out a large breath and look around my new room which was ginormous and not just because it was fit for a giant. The bed I stood on was definitely queen-sized, a large desk area was set in the corner, not that I would be able to use it, the ceiling must've reached hundreds of feet above me, and there was a huge window on one side of the room, giving a great view of the city below. It was both beautiful and overwhelming.

I spin around and notice a few bags near the top of the bed there were five of them, I begin my trek to the top of the bed and after about eight minutes I make it. Three of the bags were bulging with clothes, one of them had loads of candy, and the last included a laptop, wireless ear buds, a phone, and a pair of navy blue fluffy socks "holy crap." Were these people rich? I go straight for the phone obsessing over the new vibrant screen. The first thing I do is connect my ear pods to the phone and listen to Cloud Nine, by Allan Lowery, my favorite music artist of all time. I fall into a light sleep listening to the music, although it wasn't particularly calming.

Flynn pov

"I can take it upstairs, mom," I give my mother a large smile in hopes that she would let me see the little human girl that was meant to be my new sister.

"I don't know... she doesn't seem too fon-"

"It'll be fine, I just want to say hi."

"I don't think she's up for that yet and you don't spend much time around humans."

"That's not true! I have plenty of human friends." That wasn't really true. My brothers said it was because I was over enthusiastic, but I don't think that's true.

"Sure you do, I can take it up, mom," she hands the doll-sized plate to my brother, Mike without hesitation.

"Why does he get to?! I asked first"

"Because he doesn't lie to his mother about having human friends, now go set the table."

Mike pov

I take the miniature plate and fork into my hand as gently as I can. I decided to volunteer to bring it to her before Flynn had a chance to scare her, he always meant well, but he could be a bit over enthusiastic, especially when it came to the smaller beings. It tended to scare all the humans at school away.

"Are you awake?" I give the door a little knock. Not receiving an answer, I twist the knob allowing the door to cascade open. "Hello?" I call in a singsong voice while scanning my eyes along the room floor, I didn't want to step on her on if she happened to be down there. My eyes then wander to the bed where I can see a doll sized girl laying asleep on the mattress. My socked feet make a light thudding sound as they hit the floor. "Are you sleeping?" I ask dumbly as if I couldn't clearly see that she was. I lean over her in an attempt to get a better look, the way my shadow completely engulfs her five inch form makes my stomach feel little uneasy. Her chocolate hair lay in subtle waves around her, her skin wasn't dark, but it wasn't really white either. I move my finger down to her face, moving the hair out of the way to get a better look "pretty," I whisper in as hushed of a voice I can, but apparently it wasn't quiet enough, because, her eyes flutter open and I get my first look at her tiny hazel orbs. "Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!"