Good Luck

Two weeks. That's how long it's been since Faye first arrived. Two weeks since she'd been anywhere outside of her room. Mike would come in every day after school to keep her company, bring her food, and draw her a bath in the sink, but other than that, she didn't see or speak to anyone.
     Today however was not like the past days, today she was attending a real school for the first time in three years. Sure the school was a preppy private school with strict dress codes and an abnormally challenging curriculum, but school was school.
     She currently had her arms crossed on the sink, her legs paddled slowly behind her in bubbly water. Someone suddenly knocked at the bathroom door.
"Are you decent?" Mike's voice sounded muffled coming through the wooden door.
     "One minute!" Faye called scrambling from the warm bubbles to the washcloth Mike laid out for her and quickly drying herself, putting extra effort into drying her soaked hair. Faye hurriedly pulled her red skirt over her hips and tugged a plain white button-up shirt over her shoulders.
     "You can come in!" She called as she expertly tied her tie tightly underneath the collar of her shirt. The door clicked and a very happy looking Mike walked in, dressed in a matching attire to her's. Her stomach still dropped whenever she saw him, she could feel her stomach doing little flips as Mike set a hand down before her. It took nearly five seconds for her to work up the mental strength to climb onto his palm. "Are you ready?" Mike asks whilst smirking at the tiny girl on his palm. He stroked her arm with the tip of his thumb. "For school or the rest of your family?"
     "Both"
     "No, but I can't sit in this room forever." A wave of cool air enters the room when the door is swung open. Faye held to Mike's thumb as he trotted down the stairs to keep herself from bouncing over the edge of his hand. A barrage of yells can be heard from downstairs.
     "I TOLD YOU TO BRUSH YOUR HAIR AN HOUR AGO!!!"
     "I had homework to finish!"
     "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO IT LAST NIGHT?! EVERYDAY I ASK YOU IF YOU HAVE WORK TO DO AND YOU SAY *mocking voice* 'NO MOM, I FINISHED AT SCHOOL'."
     "I thought I did!"
     "QUIT LYING!!!"
     "I'm not!"
     "Where's your brother?!"
     "I don't know."
     "MIIIKKKEEE!!! MIIIKKKEEE!!!" Covering her ears did nothing to block out the deafening sound.
     "Mom," Mike whisper-yelled, the woman looked at him sternly.
     "Why are you so Late?! You need..." her voice trailed off when Mike held up his hand that carried Faye. The little human sat with both hands over her ears and eyes shut tightly.
     "Oh," Elisa covered her mouth,       "I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Ummm... good morning darling, would you like something to eat?" She didn't receive an answer but stepped away to fix the girl a plate of food anyway. Mike set his hand on the dining table for her to climb off, "I'm gonna grab our bags from upstairs." He then left, leaving her in the dining room alone. A chandelier hung in the middle of the ceiling, six chairs sat around the rectangular table Faye sat on top of. Faye looked at the salt shaker across from her, it was just about her height, "that's unsettling," she said to herself.
     The surface below her begins to shake in a familiar pattern, Mike walked around the corner, not with their bags, but with a plate of bacon and eggs. He was seemingly very annoyed, he ran his fingers through his hair while mumbling to himself. Other than his demeanor, something seemed different about him. "Where are our bags?"
     His head snapped up at the sound of her voice, he no longer looked annoyed. His eyes lit up when he looked at her. He set his plate down on the table, "oh my god, you're so cute!" He practically squealed, His hand suddenly came shooting for Faye. Her initial thought was to run, so she did. A shadow quickly cast over Faye's tiny form, all she could do was close her eyes before the boy's fingers wrapped around her waist in an all too rough manner. "No no no no no no!" She chanted as the boy pulled her higher into the air. "Put me down!!!"
     The boy only gave her an adoring smile and proceeded to observe his newfound treasure. Faye kicked and punched at his slender fingers in a weak attempt to escape, "quit squirming before I drop you." The comment certainly made her stay still for fear of falling from a most likely fatal height."There~." She shut her eyes tightly as giant fingers came down to stroke her hair, all she could do was whimper.
     "Flynn! What the hell are you doing?!" Faye turned towards the new voice, "Mike? But..." Faye looked from the boy in the doorway to the one who held her. They were identical from their dark hair to the freckles that dotted their faces. "Put her down before you hurt her!" Flynn scoffed, but still lowered the girl to the table before raising his hands in surrender.
     "No harm done," he stated mockingly. Faye ran to the other side of the table the moment her feet touched its hard surface.
     Elisa walked in at that moment, carrying a tiny plate and a glass of orange juice. "Hurry up you three, Chris is waiting in the car," Elisa says while setting the plate and juice in front of Faye. She gives both Mike and Flynn a suspicious glance before heading back to the kitchen. "I'll be in the car," says Flynn before leaving the room.
     "Sorry about him, he's never been good with humans or... people in general," Mike says. Faye doesn't give a response, she simply stuffs her face with eggs and bacon so they wouldn't be late for school. She walked closer to Mike as she chugged her orange juice "done." Faye set the empty glass beside her before climbing into Mike's hand.
     Chilly air surrounded Faye when Mike stepped outside. She hadn't gotten a chance to look at the house the first day she got here, it was impressive, to say the least. A large white driveway sat outside, lined with bright green trees and lowers. The lawn spread a wide expanse before coming to a stop at a white fence, separating their property from their neighbors. The house itself was made of various shades of grey stone but had a grey vinyl covering in most spots. The house was wider than it was tall and had a very "modern" look to it.
     Mike gave the car door a strong yank and climbed in, he set me in the cupholder before starting up the engine and putting all his focus on the road.
     Faye's eyes wandered around the car to the boy lounging in the back seat. His feet hung awkwardly off the leather seats, his torso spread across the back seats leading to his head, his ears were covered by bulky headphones. His hair was brown but much lighter than Mike's, Flynn's, or Elisa's. Faye couldn't see his eyes, because they were closed. She wondered what he was listening to, he looked so calm. His mouth twitched into the slightest smile.
     She sunk lower into the cupholder and began scrolling through her phone. Faye was completely aware of Flynn staring down at her but didn't dare look at him. He was probably contemplating the best opportunity to snatch her up again.

****10 minutes later****

"You see those doors over there?" Mike pointed to clear double doors on the otherwise medieval-looking building. An insane amount of students filed through in a rushed manner. "Yeah, I see it."
     "That's for human students. When you go through that door, there should be two tunnels. The left tunnel leads to the underground halls and the right one goes to the balconies. If you get lost, ask someone for help. When school lets out, wait at that tree and I'll come and get you. You got it?"
     "I think so." Mike lets himself up from his crouched position.
     "Good luck," he called before making his way to the giant doors.