A/N pls read! NOT DISCONTINUED

"You guys know about vampires? ... You know, vampires have no reflections in a mirror? There's this idea that monsters don't have reflections in a mirror. And what I've always thought isn't that monsters don't have reflections in a mirror. It's that if you want to make a human being into a monster, deny them, at the cultural level, any reflection of themselves. And growing up, I felt like a monster in some ways. I didn't see myself reflected at all. I was like, "Yo, is something wrong with me? That the whole society seems to think that people like me don't exist?" And part of what inspired me, was this deep desire that before I died, I would make a couple of mirrors. That I would make some mirrors so that kids like me might see themselves reflected back and might not feel so monstrous for it."
― Junot Díaz

Hey guys! I know this might be boring to some of you but please read this!! And I also know I haven't updated in just, so long, and in this it'll explain why and my plan to turn this book from the measly 5 chapters it has, to a finished one!

Author's Note
"The Final Decision"

So, to start, there's a couple things I want to address about this book and why I stopped being able to connect to it fully:

1) I started out taking a small break for my mental health, but then I reread it, went over my plans, and realized this isn't the book I want to write. I love these characters with all my heart, and plan to keep them, but the unhealthy relationship— especially what is in the description, like physical violence between love interests, even minor? I didn't want that. I want it to be a healthy, albeit possessive, relationship.

2) wanted to be able to write something more mature, more fitting of my current style because when I first made BRR and this, I was 16 and still in my sophomore year of high school, now I'm in my second year of university

3) These characters are my children, and I wanted to write them realistically. So I am. They're going to be rounded out, have real problems— problems I can make deeper, more understandable.

4) I wanted to make something I can truly look back on and, not only be proud of, but something you guys can be, too.

And I know, I know, this isn't the news you were hoping for, or might not generally like, but I'm so grateful to all of you who liked this story in the first place and will continue on this journey with me.
Thoughts, opinions? Is whatever up above fair?

Saying all that, I'm going to be keeping most of what I currently have posted, but I'm going to edit it. There's still going to be scenes you've already seen and loved, I promise. It just means that something like this:

Nyx was either invisible or a delinquent, simply because of how everyone used to judge and belittle her father, and— out of all her siblings— Nyx just happened to be the one to carry on that lovely reputation.

And probably because she used to be a troublemaker, but not anymore.

Will turn into this:

Nyx was either invisible or a delinquent and she knew why. Her papa had gotten tamer over the years, his reputation following suit, but as she grew up and into his footsteps, hers had only gotten worse.

She had always known what people thought of her and her siblings, it wasn't exactly new.

So if they wanted someone to judge, she'd be it. It saved her twin and the younger ones from a lot of public backlash, so she was more than happy to indulge in the oh-so-lovey rumors surrounding her.