c h a p t e r 5

"I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time."
― A.A. Milne

I am SO sorry I haven't updated this since December. Love you guys, have a great day!!

chapter 5

Abruptly, Nyx paused, making Damien run into her back with a grunt and swear words falling from his lips.

She muttered out an apology before swiftly starting to walk towards the scene that shouldn't be happening, her hand unconsciously grabbing Dami's as she tugged him along.

They were supposed to be working on their project but, of course, something got in the way.

The ghost girl came right up to the circle of guys laughing and kneed Eddie Creed, their 'leader' and the son of one of her papa's old bullies, in the back of his thigh making the douche topple forward and for the rest to back away from the crying, curled-up boy on the floor.

"Hi, lovelies!" She plastered an overly sweet smile on her face as she stepped closer to Xander, the guy on the floor, and stood over him like a protector--well aware that Damien was behind her with a 'what the fuck' look probably on his face. "What's kickin'?"

She just needed to add a daddy to that sentence and she'd sound like Tio Auggie--eh, there are worse things to be.

"Nothing, nothing," Clayton, always the nervous one in the group, seemed to break out into a sweat just by my presence. "We were just, uh, helping Xan here up?"

"Really?" Her voice is mocking and it makes two out of the five jerks flinch but for Xan to relax. He knows that she's there to help him. "But to me it looks like you're the ones who put him on the floor."

Kyle, being the biggest idiot of the group, steps closer until he's practically towering over Nyx and snaps, "Listen, bitch--"

"Dude," Charlie hisses and Bryan, the two semi-sane ones, are quick to tug the idiot back. "Don't mess with her, that's the ghost girl. She knows everyone."

"So?" Kyle snorts and makes the disgusting move of looking her up and down, causing an unpleasant shiver to travel down her back. "She's tiny as shit, look at her. She's in a fucking skirt! What's she going to do, give me a makeover?"

Why does everyone see the skirt and assume that she's harmless?

Her skirt just makes it easier to kick their asses, having more room for flexibility, especially with the shorts she had underneath.

"Sure," Nyx chirped. "Bruises would go really nice with your complexion and love over there meant that I know everyone. But no one really knows me. So, I know exactly who to call right now— yeah, I'm that one snitching bitch that you probably want to hurt right now— and tell them what you've been up to."

"Yeah?" Kyle laughs. "Go ahead, crazy. Call them. I'm so scared."

"Carly Davison," The ghost girl began to list off names and most of the guys' eyes bulge open. "Marlee Kennedy, Lauren Wastlin, Lottie McKenzie, Catherine Sh—"

"Hey, hey, we're all friends here," Eddie shoves Kyle back and holds his hands up. "No need to call our those girls and we definitely don't have to get into that—"

"Aw! Great!" She clapped her hands together excitedly. "I knew you fuckers would understand. Wouldn't want any unsolicited photos going around, especially ones sent to freshmen, in the future, right? Now, why don't you help my friend up and treat him like royalty for the next couple weeks? No teasing, no bullying. Am I clear?"