I'm Too Young To Die

Emilie's POV
I was sitting in the animal clinic as Deaton was fixing up Scott. "They're coming back, so we don't have much time to talk." Deaton said. "What is that?" I asked seeing something in Deaton's hands. "Rubbing alcohol. You two don't want it to get infected, do you? You will heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek, Emilie it should take the normal amount of time." Deaton said. "Okay, how do you know all this? Actually, how - How do you know anything?" Scott said. "It's a longer story. What I can tell you, is that I know about your kind. Your kind? I can help. This. This is something different." Deaton said. "Well, do you know what did it?" I asked. "No. But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part, they'll have a record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations, of all the things that they've discovered." Deaton said. "All the things? How many different things are there?" Scott and I asked. "I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent closed sign." Deaton said and Scott and I hid. "Hello, Alan. It's been a while. The last I heard, you had retired." Gerard said. "Last I heard you followed a code of conduct." Deaton said. "If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours." Mr. Argent said. "I did, I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his finger tips. So don't assume I will be swayed by your philosophy just 'cause I'll answer a few questions." Deaton said. "He was only 24." Mr. Argent said. "Killers come in all ages." Deaton said. "All ages, sizes, shapes. It's the last one that concerns us." Gerard said. "How about you tell us what you found?" Mr. Argent asked. "See this cut? Precise. Almost surgical. This isn't the wound that killed him. This had a more interesting purpose." Deaton said. "Relating to the spine." Gerard said. "That's right. Whatever made this cut, it's laced with a paralytic toxin, potent enough to disable all motor functions. These are the cause of death. Notice the patterns on each side." Deaton said. "Five for each finger." Mr. Argent said. "Each claw." Gerard said. "As you can see, it dug in, slashed upward, eviscerating the lungs and slicing through the bone of the rib cage with ease." Deaton said. "Have you ever seen anything like this before?" Mr. Argent asked. "No. Chris: Any idea at all what killed him? Deaton: No. But I can tell you it's fast, remarkably strong, and has the capacity to render its victims essentially helpless within seconds." Deaton said. "If you're saying we should be cautious? We get it." Mr. Argent said. "I'm saying you should be afraid. Be very afraid. Because in the natural world, predators with paralytic toxins use them to catch and eat their prey. This prey wasn't eaten. That means whatever killed him only wanted to kill him. In fact, killing may be its only purpose." Deaton said. After a bit the Hunters left and Scott and I got out of hiding. "So you know about the supernatural but you aren't?" I asked. "Not exactly Emilie. Also your phone has been ringing." He said and tossed it to me, I saw it was my Dad. I answered it. "Emmy where are you?" He asked. "Sorry, I was hanging out with Lydia and Grace and lost track of time I'll be home." I said. "Fine." Dad said. I left after Deaton told me to take it easy and to not try to fight anymore werewolves. I got home and saw Dad getting ready to leave. "There's been a murder at a car shop where Stiles Jeep was. "Stiles Jeep was broke?" I asked. "Yeah it broke down so Stiles had it towed to get fixed." Dad said and left I sat on the couch. "You look worse than when you got shot in the leg." Isabelle said. "Yeah I had a bitch wolf in heels beat the crap out of me." I said. "Damn." Isabelle said and I walked upstairs to my room and lied on the bed letting out a sigh of relief from the pain going away a bit. I fell asleep and woke up to Stiles lightly shaking me. "Come on, Isabelle is driving us to school." Stiles said. I got up and got dressed.