VII

"Well, I had a... boyfriend, who I started going out with after high school and before my career. I really liked him and he seemed to really like me, things went well for the first year of our relationship. But when I started my career in our second year of our relationship he slowly started to change, I didn't think much about it at the beginning but it got worse... I believe he was jealous or something because I had many girls all over me. But it just got worse by each passing day so I broke up with him," I tell him leaving a lot of detail out.

"I can tell that you're leaving out details but I won't push you to tell me, I do want you to tell me one thing. You don't have to provide details, just answer in yes or no. Did he abuse you, Deku?" he asks as I freeze, he saw that.

All I have to do is say yes or no, it's simple. He's being polite and not pushing me, all he wants to know was if I got hurt... But there are so many different types of abuse, so... which one is he talking about? "Mind if I ask a question before I answer?" I ask as he nods. "What kind of abuse?"

I saw his eyes widen a bit, I think he got the hint. "Any, just tell me what kind," he says as I see the waitress come over with our food. I go quiet as she places the plates on the table, she then leaves after saying "Enjoy the food."

"Verbal and emotional abuse," I mumble just enough for him to hear. He goes quiet and slowly nods, I watch as he starts eating. I then start eating too, I just made this awkward... great. I look at my plate as we both eat in silence, I don't know if Dynamight is looking at me or not but it feels like it.

But then, "I'm sorry I went quiet... I could tell from your lyrics that things weren't good between you two, I just didn't expect it to be that bad. Especially for someone as kind as you, I can already tell that you would do anything for your partner and I barely know you," Dynamight suddenly speaks.

"It's alright, I appreciate not asking too many questions," I respond as I finally look up at him, he has a sincere smile on his face. I've never seen him smile so it made me happy, it wasn't fake or forced. It was real and it gave me butterflies in my stomach.

"No problem," he says while moving his empty dish aside.

"I actually have a question about your song, Let Me Be Your Superhero," I tell him as he looks at me a bit surprised.

"Wait... you listened to my song?" he asks since he's surprised.

"Yep, I thought I would give it a listen to since it's in the number one spot," I say as he prepares himself for my question. Once I see he's ready I begin to ask him, "Who is that song writer for? In a way it sounds like it's for yourself but it's also in a way for your audience."

"I've gotten that question before from interviewers and I've never given them a formal answer. But I might as well tell you since you've told me all that about yourself, I wrote where it seem directed towards the audience but it is officially written for my past self," Dynamight tells me, my eyes widen a bit.

"Your past self? Mind elaborating? You don't have to go into detail," I ask as he thinks about it.

"I'll make it short and sweet, I wasn't the greatest kid growing up. I was rude to my mother and father, I didn't understand friendship or feelings, all I wanted was to be seen. I didn't want anyone above me but then I started listening to music in high school, it helped me and I've had Let Me Be Your Superhero written for the longest time but it just felt difficult to put it into a song. Then I made it, I made after a year of my career starting and now I've felt like I've changed because of it. But then I met you, someone that is and feels above me in everything. You're naturally polite, you have adorable and loveable features, inside and out. You have a lot more than I do, so when I first met you I fell back to who I was before. And I apologize for that," Dynamight speaks with utmost respect towards me. I can tell.

He's even looking at me with complete respect, I don't even know what to say. He complimented me so much, crap what do I say? "I-I'm stumped, I don't know what to say. You explained what I asked but you complimented me over and over. I- thank you, I think that is all I can. Well, I can also say that we all have a past, it may not be a great past but we all have one," I tell him as he nods.

"Yes, I agree. And honestly, I'm just saying the truth. You're welcome," Dynamight says as he signals the waitress over. He starts getting ready to pay but I stop him as fast as I can, he looks at me and I shake my head.

"I'll pay, you took me here and you offered to take me home so I insist," Dynamight looks hesitant but he knew I wasn't going to give up so he just nods. I pay and we both stand up, we then leave the cafe. 

We get into his car and I gave him my address, but he then speaks up. "Um... is it alright if I contact you or something? You know with none work related things?" he hesitantly asks. I smile and nod my head as he hands me his phone, I put my number in his phone.

"I can't wait to talk to you more Dynamight, you seem like a very interesting person," I tell him as we get closer to my house.

"It's Katsuki Bakugou," he suddenly says.

"Wait, is that your real name?" I ask, he just nods. "I like it but I think I'm going to call you Kacchan!"

"Kacchan?" he questions.

"Because I don't want call your real name by accident so if I call you Kacchan it's not your real name!" I say as he smiles slightly.

"I guess I don't mind, can I know your name?" he asks as I pause.

"It's Izuku Midoriya," I tell him as he looks at me for second.

"It suits you, I'll call you Zuzu since you're calling me Kacchan," I nod in agreement.

"I like Zuzu!" I tell him as he pulls up on my driveway. "Thank you for driving me here Kacchan, I'll see you on the first day of filming!" I smile at him as I get ready to close the door.

"Have a good night Zuzu."

"You too, Kacchan."

Unedited, sorry for mistakes

Word count: 1193