↪ CHAPTER FIVE

・.━━━━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━━━━.・

[NEW YORK CITY]

On the ride back to New York, Roman couldn't help but stare at Pietro there was something about him she couldn't put her finger on. Roman wasn't really the one to get attached so fast to men but Pietro is different ever since she battled him he's been engraved into her mind.

Pietro would also occasionally throw glances at the girl every now and then, "Staring isn't nice" Pietro chimed as Roman huffed. Wanda and Steve were sitting in the front of the jet leaving Pietro and Roman alone in the back.

"Who said I was staring" Roman fired back, "Ah, you don't need to admit it I can feel your eyes burning on my beautiful face" Roman scoffed folding her arms. "I'm just watching the two of you to make sure you don't pull any funny business" Roman explained with flushed cheeks being caught staring.

"We've already proved what more else do we need to show you môj poklad?" Roman was left stupefy because she had no answer to fire back. Pietro and Wanda have already helped stop the train and saved the lives of citizens.

"Just leave me alone" Roman turned her head away staring at the front of the jet, "Princezná you wound me how could I not pester a beautiful woman like yourself" Pietro smiled as Roman's cheek tinted red.

Before Roman could answer Wanda suddenly talked, "You too fight like an old married couple" embarrassment ran up and down Roman's body as she used her hair to cover her face.

As the jet landed, Roman walked side by side with Steve leading the twins into the tower, Roman's eyes flickered around the room in hopes of spotting Natasha anywhere.

"The genetic coding tower's at ninety-seven percent. You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." Roman heard Bruce say as she and the twins walked over to where Tony was in the lab.

"I'm gonna say this once." Steve threatened as Tony rolled his eyes, "How about "nonce"?" Tony fired back childishly. " Shut it down!"  Steve ordered again, "You don't know what you're doing."

" And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce said as Roman cut in, "Bruce her and Pietro helped us stopped a train"  "I know you're angry." Wanda pleaded as Bruce walked closer to her. "Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, after everything that's happened. . ." Steve continued. "That's nothing compared to what's coming!" 

" You don't know what's in there!" Wanda yelled, Roman and Pietro just stood there quietly.  "This isn't a game. . ."  "Where's Natasha?" Roman asked as everyone went quiet, "Ultron has her" Bruce continued as Roman backed up devastated.

Roman couldn't believe her ears that Natasha Ramoff has been taken by Ultron, Natasha was the only Avenger Roman has gotten close to at all. Roman balled her fist until they were ashen white and her nails were digging into her palm.

Pietro grabbed a whole of Roman's hand squeezing it and giving her assuring glances. "The creature. . ." Wanda paused as Pietro used his speed to pull out all the plugs in the lab. "No, no. Go on. You were saying?"

Suddenly Clint shot a bullet to the ground shattering the glass Pietro was standing on, "Pietro!" Wanda yelled as Clint shrugged. "What? You didn't see that coming?"

"Go ahead, piss me off," Bruce stated to Wanda, Just then Thor enters and pounds the cradle with his hammer, sending a powerful bolt of lightning that brings the body to life "Wait!" Bruce yelled as everyone was now gaping at the body who has JARVIS' voice and has become the Vision.

" I'm sorry, that was. . .odd. Thank you" "Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asked as Roman was still gaping at the robot in front of her. "I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that. Thor pointed at a gem in the center of the robot's forehead.

"What, the gem?" Bruce asked, " It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

" Then why would you bring it to. . ." Steve dawdled as Thor continued. "Because Stark is right."  "Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce continued.

" The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor explained, "Not alone." Vision said, ( Vision is the name Roman gave to the robot "Why does your "vision" sound like JARVIS?" 

" We. . .we reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." Tony said still in awe at Vision, " I think I've had my fill of new." Steve joked.  "You think I'm a child of Ultron?"Vision asked as Steve looked confused.

"You're not?"

" I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am. . .I am." Vision struggled to finish his words when Wanda stepped in. "I looked in your head and saw annihilation." "Look again."

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint said, " Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side. . ." Thor murmured.

" Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asked Vision, " I don't think it's that simple." Vision said, "Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint grumbled. " I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." Vision revealed.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked, " You." Roman swallowed the lump in her throat at his words. " Where?" Bruce asked pressing for more information. "Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint said as Roman saw the worry littered on Wanda and Pietro's face.

"If we're wrong about you if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be. .  ."  said Bruce, " What will you do?" "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." Vision said surprising us by lifting Thor's hammer and giving it to him.

" Right. Well done" Thor patted Tony on the shoulder, "One day get everything you need and train as much as you can because we're going to kick some ass and save the world again" Steve encouraged.

・.━━━━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━━━━.・