↪ CHAPTER NINE

・.━━━━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━━━━.・

[Vienna]

Roman and Natasha were in Vienna waiting where multiple new channels were, "At a special United Nations conference 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords." News Anchor 3 asked pushing a camera in Natasha's face.

" Excuse me, Miss Romanoff, Santiago?"  "Yes?" Natasha and Roman responded at the same time, Roman took her time and gazed at T'Challa who was staring at Natasha. "These need your signatures." Natasha finally noticed T'Challa staring at her.

"Thanks" Natasha responded not  liking all the attention on her, "I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." T'Challa joked moving closer to the two women. "Nope!" Roman said raising her arms.

"Oh, well, it's not always so flattering." Natasha responding, "You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill . . . I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable in this company." T'Challa continued.

"Well, we're not." Natasha grumbled, "That alone makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff. and Miss Santiago"  "Why? You don't approve of all this?" Roman cut in wanting answers. "The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." T'Challa explained.

"Unless you need to move a piano." the three of them took notice of King T'Chaka, "Father." T'Challa respectfully said as the king glanced at the two women. "Son. Miss Romanoff, Miss Santiago"

"King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." Roman pleaded trying to get on the King's good side. "Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today."  "Yes, so am I." Natasha returned from beside Roman.

"If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." A voice was heard on the speaker as Roman and Natasha smiled. "That is the future calling. Such a pleasure." T'Challa said as Roman and Natasha left to check up on Luna.

Roman ended up letting someone from SHIELD babysit Luna while she went to work and Roman just isn't used to being away from her one-year-old daughter yet.

・.━━━━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━━━━.・

" I'm very sorry." Natasha and Roman apologized, they were outside when the explosion happened luckily they were able to take cover from the damage but King T'Chaka not so much. " In my culture death is not the end. It's more of a . . . stepping-off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veldt where . . . you can run forever." T'Challa said playing with a silver ornate.