Holding on to you ~ Moona Hoshinova x Reader

Aight, so, we're finally back!  Hopefully with more consistent uploads this time. Originally wanted to write a Mori x Reader fic, but me and the boys are currently simping hard on this Moon, so thought I'd write one for her first. Hope you'll enjoy this!

Today is a special day. Today marks one month since Moona and I started dating. Really funny how one month goes by when you're spending time with someone who you love, huh? To celebrate, she invited me to her place for a sleepover. Also mentioned getting some snacks for both of us and having a movie watchalong together, so I'm really looking forward to it. 

Anyways, I got to her place in the afternoon and rang the doorbell, excited that I was about to spend the rest of my day with her again. A couple seconds pass and she shows up and opens the door, seeing her immediately bringing a smile to my face. 

"Hey, Moona! I'm here."

"(Y/N)! I was waiting for you, come on in!" Moona greeted me with her usual cute voice and let me into the house.  As soon as I stepped in, she gave me a big hug, making noises she usually makes when happy. She caught me a bit off guard, but I quickly hugged back, just standing there for a while before breaking the hug and finally closing the door and going to the living room together. 

Once we got there, Moona spoke up before leaving for the kitchen.
"You can sit here, I'll go grab some food for us to snack on." I did as she said, and sat down on the sofa in front of the TV. I don't know which movies she had in store for today, but I'm interested in watching any if it's with her. 

A couple moments later, she returned with a bowl containing an assortment of usual snacks: popcorn, chips, you name it, it's probably in there somewhere. Sitting down next to me, Moona turned the TV on, preparing the movie for us to watch beforehand. 

Something seemed off about her movie choice for the night. Moona couldn't handle scary things at all, often breaking into tears whenever something genuinely scared her, and that was quite an easy feat to accomplish. Taking all that into account, I was confused about her picking a horror movie for us to watch, but I didn't pay too much mind to it.

As the movie started, I could feel Moona starting to get a little anxious about it already, but as soon as the jumpscares hit, she'd get more and more distressed with each one, suddenly holding onto me more tightly after each and every one. I responded by automatically holding her back and making her feel safe, even asking her if we should watch something else, to which she said she can handle it if I'm next to her. 

Ner the halfway point of the movie, though, Moona buried her face into my chest and I could hear her starting to sob because of how scared she was, obviously trying to hide it. As soon as I heard her do that, I stopped the movie immediately and hugged her tightly until she calmed down to some extent. 

The room was soon filled with the awkward silence everyone hates, with Moona now no longer hugging me and instead sitting next to me, looking away. After some time, I broke the silence and awkwardly spoke up.

"So, uh, why did you want us to watch a movie like this if you are bad with really scary stuff?" I asked, awkwardly pausing a couple of times even if I spent several minutes to word the question.

Clearly still sniffling just a bit, she managed to voice her response.
"I thought we could watch something like this... so I can have an excuse to cling on to you... it obviously didn't work as I wanted it to..." As she was finishing her answer, it was clear that she started crying again. As soon as I heard her tearing up again, I gave her another hug to comfort her, slightly surprising her.

"Eh...? You're... You're not mad at me?" she asked in a shaky voice, feeling really bad about herself and thinking I would react negatively.

"Of course not, Moona. I'd never be angry at you." As I gave her my response, she hugged me back, relieved.
"Just promise me you'll tell me you want to be clingy in the future, okay?" I added, breaking the hug for a bit and smiling at her gently. She nodded and let go of me. 

"It's already a bit late, want to head to sleep?" she inquired quietly, to which I made an affirmative noise. 
"Oh, and can you please sleep... in my bed tonight?" Moona asked again, letting the last part of the sentence out much quietly, blushing, "I'm still still scared from the movie..."

 My answer obviously being "yes," fast forward half an hour later and we've laid down in her room, Moona hugging me under the covers. It was dark, but I am almost positive I saw her smile after she whispered "I love you" to my ear and giving me a quick kiss on my cheek. I looked at her until she fell asleep, after which I returned a kiss and whispered so I don't wake her up. The words "I love you too, Moona" slightly breaking the now blissful silence before drifting off to sleep myself.