Chapter 5

When everyone cleaned up, well besides Alex, Jackie, Jack, and me; Dilan came into the room baring news that the time for us to leave has arrived. I don't know what I was feeling about this news, since everyone lost interest in me when the party settled down. I kind of wanted to leave in a way. I felt as if I was just another road block in the pathway of any social life. 

This feeling was too frequent.

I guess everyone actually had the idea of me in the back of their mind, because they hugged me goodbye and others giving me their numbers. I was more nervous when the goodbyes of All Time Low came up. I didn't know how they thought of me or even if they liked me at all.

I was hoping that I could wave goodbye to them and drag Dilan out the door and into the car. Sadly, Dilan was not going to stand for it since her new husband to be was the manger who scored us backstage passes without payment.

The first person I walked up to was Zack. He was a sweet guy and took care of me when I almost fell off the couch from dancing. It was a breeze saying my goodbyes to him, since we both carry the ability to be quiet. We hugged, I thanked him, and I set off to Rian.

I wanted to keep Jack and Alex for last. They were the flirts of the group and could make me blush quick. This is the reason why I want to keep my distance until I build up strength to actually say goodbye and not make a fool of myself.

When I reached Rian, he smiled at me and gave me a bear hug. "It was lovely to meet you. Cassade and I took quite the fond of you.." He let go of me and gave me his and Cassade's number, who I noticed was not next to him, and shooed me off towards Alex.

Now Alex wasn't in the same place I left him when I got up. He was over by Jack, who seemed to be staring blankly at his best friend that was talking sternly to him. Jackie was over by the kitchen, making herself something to eat while leaving Jack to be ambushed with words by his best friend.

I walked over to them while playing with my hands, another nervous habit of mine. When I reached them, I caught a few line of words which sent my curiosity to extreme limits. "...I thought we had this all planned out!" What did they plan out?

Not important, Scarlett.

Jack caught a glimpse of me and turned towards me, giving me a wide smile. Alex faced the wall, as if he was preparing to face me. "Well, hello there Kitty.." Jack winked at me, just when Alex turned to me and gave me a forced smile.

Jack glanced up to him and then focused his eyes back on me, "Leaving so soon, I see?" I rubbed the back of my neck, nodding. "Let's keep in touch, kitty" Alex snapped out of some sort of trance he was in and took my hand, scribbling with a pen from his pocket on my hand.

When he finished, I blushed and looked down before lifting my head up to face Jack standing in front of me. He smiled and took my other hand, scribbling his number down with the pen Alex used.

Jack smirked, clicked the pen closed, and let go of my hand before he sat back down. I bit my lip to keep from blushing and said my thanks. They told me not to worry about it and that they had fun.

I waved my hand and turned around to walk away when Jack pulled me back, "I'm going to need your number! I know your shyness will prevent you from ever calling me and that's no fun.." He stuck out his bottom lip and crossed his arms. Alex handed me his pen and smirked.

I walked over to Jack and grabbed his hand, carefully writing my number on his hand. I honestly don't know why we couldn't of just used our phones, but I wasn't the one to really burst out in questions.

I put the pen down on the table and stuffed my hand in my pocket. I then realized I still had my hand attached to Jack's and immediately took it off. The blush that was once forming, deepened and caused my whole body to heat up.