Preface

**

Perhaps it is not the devil we should fear, but God himself. After all, every story has two sides. God banished Satan from heaven, owing to his mere hatred of God's human creation, but perhaps his hatred had been justifiable.

Take a good look at humanity. The world is corrupt and full of those who wreak havoc on their own kind and tear it apart through wars and destruction. Conversation leads to disagreements. Disagreements lead to war. War leads to death. Death leads to nothingness. Perhaps humanity needed to be stopped, and God was foolish enough, not realizing that his creation was greater than he could ever imagine.

The devil comes at night and visits those who are vulnerable and alone. He seeks those desperate for an escape. Follow him, and you shall be condemned and he shall wreak havoc on your very soul for all of eternity. He bribes you with rewards. Rewards that look enticing on the outside. Rewards for insurrection. He is the master of manipulation. You begin to recognize that there is no other way.

Very few believe this, but the devil does not come brandishing a pitchfork and adorning horns. He comes with temptation, and everything you could ever wish for. He is charming, charismatic, handsome... he is the last person you'd ever suspect to be riddled with such evil. He prefers living in solitude, until he finds you and you become his obsession. He comes to you, acting as your savior. You understand him. You are compassionate towards him. Perhaps, you even love him. The angel dances with the devil. Her halo breaks. Her body crumbles. The world is still. Hell rejoices.

**