Home Sweet Nest

Quick A/N about Y/n's quirk and everything else:

Quirk name: Feather Armory

Quirk info: user is obviously winged, the quirk making the user's feathers into shields and depending on how bad the situation, a weapon. User is able to grow wings back if they are damaged or destroyed, and can change how their plumage looks as it regrows. Wings are excessively large and very strong.

Wing speed: from a standing point on even ground, the user can go up to 30 feet in the air with a single flap of their wings.

Wing span: 28 feet but user keeps them pulled in tightly against self making them seem roughly 16 to 17 feet

Quirk Fun fact: The user can actively change the color of their feathers every time they shed their feathers.

If you haven't guessed it by now, you, my dear reader, are the mother of Tokoyami Fumikage! (Aye mami lmao jk jk, Unless?)

That's all, on to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Humming, I sat the now clean dish in the drainer and wiped my hands on the rag I had hanging over my shoulder. I smiled hearing the front door shut. "Little chick, how was school today?" I asked, setting the rag on the counter to go to my son. The black feathers of my crow headed son gleamed in the light as he turned his head to me. "Tiring, I thought you had to go to the studio today?" I held my arms out to my son as he sat his backpack down. He nuzzled his head into my shoulder, taking my hug. "Is Shoji still coming over tonight?" "Yes." "Good thing I chose to make my feathers black last time I shed them." I laughed. Dark Shadow poked his head up and chirped at me playfully. I pet the shadow as my son glanced into the kitchen. "You made pie didn't you?" "Do your homework and you'll find out in a minute." I said, walking past him into the kitchen. The crow head of my son shook as he gave a small laugh. "His parents know he's staying here, right?" I asked as I started cooking dinner. "Yes mom." I heard the voice of my edgelord of a son groan. I laughed at him, noticing his bag was missing from the couch. I shook my head, smiling as I cooked.

Guess I should explain why the hell my son looks like a crow... My quirk is bird-like in a way, giving me ungodly large wings. My quirk is called Feather Armory, my feathers being very durable, and destructive. If I pluck my feathers out, I can use them like small knives, similar to some hero my son often compares me to. Though my feathers make a good weapon, my wings themselves make an almost indestructible shield. I've only ever had to regrow my wings twice my entire life. Once when I was a child, and the other when I had a rogue crazed fan attack me. My poor baby boy was not expecting me to come home wingless, and had the ever-loving hell scared out of him. However, though my bird traits definitely showed through my son, his quirk is more similar to his father's, who has had nothing to do with his son for all of my sweet little Fumikage's life. Fumikage knows who his father is and that I was a teen mom, and honestly, I have never, not once, regretted having my son. My life is perfect in my eyes, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

I jumped hearing someone knocking at the door. I sat the knife I was using to cut the meat for dinner and walked over to the door, drying my hand off again. I smiled at the large teen before me. "Shoji, how wonderful to see you sweetheart, come on in." The teen nodded at me, ducking so he didn't hit his head on the doorframe. "Fumi! Your friend is here!" I hollered down the hallway leading to the stairs. I laughed hearing my son's rapid footsteps coming down stairs. "Shoji, come with me." I rolled my eyes at the edgelord I called a son as he had his towering friend follow him. "Shoji, you did bring your bags for camp, right?" I called out. "Yes ma'am." I heard the male say quickly. I glanced at the TV, seeing how a pro hero recently stopped a villain attack. His bright blood red wings caught my eyes, they were gorgeous. He gave a smile to the camera before taking off flying. I studied his wings, noticing that his wings might actually be smaller than mine. I shook it off, going back to preparing dinner.

Once dinner was done, and the two boys were fed and supposedly went to bed, I started doing so research on this hero. Apparently his name is Hawks, and my guess about his wing size was right, making me stifle a giggle. I found it slightly funny how, despite that he had the name of a bird and wings, he loved fried chicken. The phone rang, gaining my attention. I frowned seeing the name of my manager. "Hello?" I asked picking it up. "Hey Nightingale, we need you to come in for some sound checks." "At night? Ito~San, it's 11:46. I'll come to the studio in the morning." I sighed, rubbing my temples. The joy of being a popular singer is something I will probably never truly know. "NO!" I jumped at the harshness of my manager's voice. Ito has never raised their voice at me. "Excuse me?" "You need to come in now. It's important." I sighed. "Alright, I'll be there in roughly an hour." I said before hanging up. I quickly wrote down where I was going to be in case I didn't come back in the morning from work and put it on the fridge.

I grabbed my phone and a few other things and put them in a bag before taking flight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Thank you for reading my story! Stay safe! Drink water & stay hydrated! Feel free to comment, vote, & share!