Songbird Hospital

I jolted up, despite everything in my body begging me not to. I studied the room around me. Hospital, definitely. I could tell that my wings had been cut away, meaning I probably won't be flying for a while. The door of the room opened, and the black plumage I knew better than anyone filled my sights. "Mom!" I opened my arms for the hug of my son. Sure, he acts like a badass, but he still has feelings. I felt his beak nestle into my shoulder, as he stifled tears. "Shh, I'm okay baby bird." I whispered, before humming the tune I would sing to him as a baby. "Excuse me? Ms. Tokoyami?" I waved the doctor inside. He closed the door behind him. "It's just a quick report, you only had a few minor burns, your wings however, had the worst burns I've ever seen on a patient. Granted, your wings will probably grow back and heal within a week, I still would like you to take it easy. No flying, whatsoever." I nodded. "Good, now there's a gentleman waiting for you in the waiting room." I glanced at Fumikage. "Is it Shoji?" He shook his head. "Shoji went back to our house to make sure you didn't stress out over cleaning and everything else." I rolled my eyes. "Let the gentleman in please, Doctor." The male nodded as my son sat beside my bed.

"How bad was it?" I asked. "Ito~san was found dead, and the record label building burned down." Fuck. "Shit. What about the villain?" "He got away." My attention turned to the door. Almost like it was magnetic, my eyes went to crimson feathers. "Hawks." The male smiled. His eyes went to Fumikage beside me. "Is he your brother or something?" Hawks asked, stepping in the room. "I'm her son." Fumikage stated. "Fumi, go home. Go help Shoji." "Yes mother." I gave him one last hug before he left. "Shoji? Is that his father?" I laughed. "No, it's his friend that was staying with us before they have to go to summer camp." I said. "Ah, then where's his father?" I looked away from the blonde. "We don't really talk about his father." Hawks, clearly picking up that I didn't wanna talk about it, changed the subject. "So, a kid. Didn't expect a popstar like you to have one." I laughed. "I'm not a popstar, I sing a little bit of everything. And why not? I'm proud of being a mom." Hawks raised a brow, smiling at me. His smile faded as he looked at my bandaged wings. "Sorry for not being there sooner." He said, looking down at his hands. "It's fine, I'm not dead or taken hostage." I said. He glanced at me. God, those golden eyes can hold you in place. "Yeah, but the media's gonna have a field day with this." I rolled my eyes at him. "Try having no record label and a dead manager." The blonde winced. "Yikes." "Yeah, I'm more fucked than you are." I laughed. The male smiled slightly.

He offered me his hand. "Name's Keigo Takami." I smiled, taking his hand. " Y/n Tokoyami." I said. He took my hand and pressed a kiss to my bandaged fingers. "Nice to meet you Tokoyami~chan." My face erupted into a blush making the male beside me laugh slightly. "Sorry songbird, couldn't help it." "You're horrible Takami~San." I groaned, taking my hand away from him. "Call me Keigo." "Then call me Y/n." "Alright Y/n." Keigo purred my name, smiling at me. "Don't make me kick you out of this hospital." I warned. "And how are you gonna do that, Songbird?" Keigo laughed. "I may be injured, but I can still kick your ass." "Ooh, I'm so scared." I rolled my eyes at the blonde male.

"Anyways Songbird, what did they say about your wings?" He asked, glancing back at my bandaged wings. "It'll heal up well, but I think the fact that my feathers are so thick gave them more of a hard time to fix them up." Keigo nodded. "You got some wings on you, that's for sure. How the hell did you manage to keep me from even feeling the heat from Dabi's attack anyways?" "That's part of my quirk." I laughed sheepishly. "Feather Armory. My feathers are so thick that I can take a lot of hits before they break." He looked almost impressed. "That's impressive." He said, studying the once massive wings. "I thought your wings were like a pale grey color?" "Usually they are, but I can change the colors every time I shed feathers." He nodded, still studying my wings. "Weren't they bigger?" I laughed at his sudden question. "Yeah, they had to cut away a good bit of them. Don't worry, they grow back." He looked at me, shocked. "How are you gonna get out of here?" Keigo asked. "I'll probably have a driving service pick me up or something." "How about I take you home when it's time for you to go?" "Are you feeling survivor's guilt?" I teased. Keigo chuckled. "A little. Maybe it's because I've had my wings ripped out before." "Not fun, I know that for a fact." I winced. "So, since you're probably gonna be here for a bit, why don't you tell me about yourself, Songbird?" Keigo grinned.

Maybe being stuck in the hospital isn't gonna be so bad after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Thank you for reading my story! Stay safe! Drink water & stay hydrated! Feel free to comment, vote, & share!