KFC and High School Secrets

A/n: Hey everyone! Author~sama here! This chapter shows more of Y/n backstory! More of why Fumikage's dad isn't around. Hawks and Reader are both in late 20's to early 30's. Just a heads up! You all be safe now! Drink water & stay hydrated!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I waved my son goodbye as he left with his teachers, both of which assured me he would be safe. It still didn't calm my fears, but I had to trust them and Fumikage. I can't keep him in the nest forever. Stepping away from the front door, I walked into the kitchen, ignoring my phone that was blasting my record company's ringtone. They have been so pushy for me to go do a massive show and fly around, despite multiple doctors telling them that I cannot be flying anytime soon with my wings still healing up. Not to mention that they still haven't renewed my contract to them, so I'm still in the process of finding a new label to work with and a new manager. I jumped hearing a knock on my balcony door. Turning on my heel, I smiled, seeing Keigo with a bag that was obviously KFC. I made my way over to the balcony door and opened it.

"Hey Blondie." I teased. "Hello to you too, songbird." He said, walking into the apartment. "Where's the shortstack?" "He's moving into the dorms today, remember?" I said, closing the balcony door. "They already picked him up? And I went through the effort to pick up some apples for him too." I rolled my eyes at the blonde who had already tossed his jacket on the hook by the front door. "So," Keigo started, turning his attention to me. "How's it feel to have an empty nest?" "It's different, but I knew it was gonna be coming soon anyways." I said, stepping past him into the kitchen. "KFC tonight?" I teased. Keigo laughed at me. "You know I like chicken, Y/n." "Cannibal." I mocked. He threw one of his feathers at me, that I barely dodged. "We're not playing this game tonight Keigo." I warned, getting a grin from the blonde. "You sure about that, sweetheart?" He taunted. "Bitch, I will beat your ass." I warned, laughing. "I'd like to see you try." I threw a handful of feathers in his direction before bolting to the living room. "Oh we're playing dirty now?" Keigo laughed, chasing me. I laughed as he spread his wings out trying to intimidate me. "Boy, we both know my wings are bigger than yours." "Not right now. Should I start calling you baby bird now?" "We're the same age!" "Sure we are, baby bird." "Keigo!"

He jumped over the couch to get to me, which I sadly was not fast enough to dodge the arms that wrapped around me. "KEIGO! Put me down!" I laughed as he picked me up off the floor. "Nope! Not happening anytime soon baby bird." He said flopping onto the couch, holding me tightly. "Come on bird brain! The food's gonna get cold." He groaned in defeat, his love for chicken overpowering his desire to prove that he's stronger than me. I laughed before getting up, out of his arms. He got up and followed me, taking a seat at the island in the kitchen. "So how's the whole record agency thing doing?" Keigo asked, picking up the bucket of fried chicken and taking a wing out. I handed him a plate before fixing my own plate. "Not so well, with my old manager out the way, they keep demanding more and more out of me. They keep trying to set up these over extravagant shows where I sing while flying, despite numerous people saying that I shouldn't be flying anytime soon." I sighed. "Yikes. Shit if you were a hero, I could have pulled you out of that, but you're not." I rolled my eyes, smiling at the blonde.

"You know I have a hero's licence right?" The male choked on his chicken, taking the glass of water I had offered him as I got up to go fix myself another drink. "When the hell did you get one?!" He asked, exasperated. "I've had it since I went to UA." I shrugged. "YOU WENT TO UA?!" I laughed at him. "Yeah, but I had to quit the hero business because I was pregnant with Fumi." "So that's why you're not a hero? Cause you got pregnant?" "That and Fumi's dad was a complete and total dick. He didn't want Fumikage, encouraged me to get an abortion while I was about 4 months pregnant. Completely threw me under the bus." I said casually. "Damn, wait how old were you when you had Tokoyami?" "It was my final year at UA, Fumi was born on October 30th. You do the math bird brain." Keigo gave me a wide eyed look. "You were a teen mom?" I nodded. "I'm not ashamed of it, I'm proud to have had my son. He's the best damn thing in my life." I said, starting to get irritated. If he starts criticizing me for having my son as a teen, I will rip his wings off and throw him off of my balcony. "That's just... wow." "Yep. My parents were so pissed. Not at me, but at him. After all, he did force me into it." I stated. Keigo's eye twitched. "He did what now?" "Don't stress it Keigo. He'll regret it once Fumi becomes a top hero." Keigo gave me an impressed look. "If anyone asks, I'll start telling people he's my son." He laughed, making me smile. "You're a dork, bird brain." I laughed. "You really don't have to do that, but I appreciate it." He grinned at me. "Not a problem, he's a good kid... well other than the weird things he says." Keigo sighed. "What the whole 'Revelry in the dark' and 'Mad banquet in the dark' thing? He's been doing that since he was 12." I laughed. "What the hell does that even mean?" "Don't worry about it, Keigo." "You two are hiding things from me." "Like what?" "EVERYTHING Y/N!" I laughed at him. He grinned at me. "So what was your hero name anyways?" "Don't worry about it bird boy." "Come on Y/n, I won't laugh if it's ridiculous. I promise!"

This dumbass, I swear. He's all beauty, no brains sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Thank you for reading my story! Stay safe! Drink water & stay hydrated! Feel free to comment, vote, & share!