Measuring Up

I rolled my eyes as Keigo looked through dresses with me. "This one would look good on you." "Keigo, that's a wedding dress." "I said what I said." He gave me a cheeky grin. I laughed at him before playfully bumping into him. "Let me find one, you go get measured for your suit." I said, shooing him away. One of the attendants noticed me shooing my boyfriend away and came over to help. She gave me a quick smile and led him away. I took the chance to dart down the aisle of dresses to the head tailor and owner of the store. The male glanced up at me from the magazine he had in hand and smiled. "Miss Nightingale, lovely to see you." He looked around quickly. "I got a bit of help getting him lost. Has it been delivered?" "Down to the very room you asked it to be in, Y/n." "Thank you so much Jacques!" The male waved it off. "It's not a problem for my favorite gal. I'm still surprised that even though you didn't become a hero, you still kept your promise to me to let me be your designer." I laughed at the smoke grey haired male. I've known him since my UA years, him being an exchange student in the business course and me being in the B class hero course. He was always such a sweet guy. "So, Hawks huh." "Jealous?" "Definitely. He's hot as hell." "I'll be sure to send him your way then." I teased. Jacques laughed at me. "So how's my godson?" "Still single." I stated. "Not a single person?" "Nope. I'm telling you he's gotta be asexual." My best friend shrugged. "A long as he's happy, right?" "Of course. So, when am I gonna be expecting to hear about a wedding?" I teased. Jacques smiled sheepishly. "Ah, shush." "Pardon me Blanc~san, but we have a customer who's got wings and our tailor is struggling." One of the employees said shyly. "That's probably my idiot." I sighed. "I'll try not to get handsy." Jacques laughed, making me smile and shake my head. "You better not. He's mine."

I followed the grey haired male to my winged moron of a boyfriend. Keigo gave me a slight smile. "Hey songbird." "Hi birdbrain." I sat down in one of the chairs nearby. Jacques shooed the other tailor away and quickly got to work. "You're quick." Keigo commented, watching him. "How else would I be Miss Nightingale's first choice designer if I wasn't?" Keigo glanced at me. "First choice huh?" "I've known him since UA." I laughed. "So I'm guessing you already have your dress." "I may." Keigo gave me a dirty look. "Don't look at me like that, birdbrain." I giggled. "So Hawks, what makes you think you're good enough for my best friend?" Jacques challenged. "Excuse me?" Keigo looked so insulted. I casually cut my phone camera on and started recording them. This was gonna be good. "I said, what makes you think you're good enough for my best friend?" Keigo shot me a look of disbelief making me giggle harder. "I think I'm good enough because she balances out the chaos in my life." "So you chose her because she's a safe option?" "No-" "What about my godson? You know he matters most in her life." "I-" "I'll warn you once and only once." Jacques growled. His quirk activated, lifting up several rolls of fabric, scissors and needles. "If you ever, and I mean ever think about hurting my best friend or her kid, I will personally end you. I don't care what your hero ranking is, I'll kick your ass." "J, chill." I said. The frenchmen looked at me before sighing. "I don't wanna see you get hurt again, Y/n." "It's okay, J. Keigo's a good guy." The grey haired male nodded in defeat. "Look, it would kill me to hurt Y/n. I love her." I smiled at the blonde. "She's my whole world and I would do anything for my songbird." Jacques looked at me and nodded. "Alright, he passed. But if he ever makes you cry, I'll beat his ass." I laughed at my best friend as he finished doing basic measurements and shooed Keigo away. "It'll be done by friday, two weeks before the Hero Gala, and yes I'll make it match your dress." Jacques said, snapping his fingers to make all of his tools clean themselves up. "I'm expecting to see a bright red feather around her neck, got it?" "So demanding." I laughed. Jacques sassily snapped his fingers at me. "You know damn well I am." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes as Keigo wrapped an arm around me and pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Go on shoo, get out of my store you two lovebirds. Go annoy Fumikage or something with your lovey dovey-ness." I laughed as Keigo gave him a confused look. "He doesn't take the payment until the clothes are done." I laughed, leading him out of the store. "That was... interesting..." Keigo started off. "Is he, you know..." Keigo did the hand gesture. I laughed. "Jacques is bisexual." I confirmed. The blonde nodded. "So was he ever... you know, into you?" I shook my head. "Nah, we've always been friends."

Keigo looked at me and grinned. "Paparazzi?" I asked nonchalantly. "Naturally." I smiled. "Wanna give them something to gossip about?" He leaned down to my level. "Whatever could you mean, baby bird?" I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arm that was around my waist pulled me into him. He leaned down and kissed me, smiling like an idiot. I could hear rapid clicking of cameras as he took a simple flap of his wings to lift us off the ground. He let go of me, letting me fly somewhat under him. "You know it's still not fair." I rolled over, careful not to smack him with my wings. "What's not fair?" "Your wings are bigger than mine and I'm the male." "I just happen to radiate big dick energy, unlike you birdbrain." "You don't even know how- Whatever." Keigo laughed. I grinned up at him. "Love you birdbrain." "Love you too songbird."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Early chapter upload! Figured you guys would like a chapter. Thanks for reading my story! Stay safe! Drink water & stay hydrated! Feel free to comment, vote, & share!