Chapter Sixteen

"So, you're doing a new group tomorrow?" Peter asked Tony who sat next to him on the couch, while Peter did his homework.

"Yeah, and i'm not too excited about it," Tony grumbled as he went through emails on his computer.

It's been a week since the first lunch with Scott, Sam, and Nat. And now, with the new month of November, Tony would meet up with Nat, Wanda, and Clint tomorrow afternoon. Originally, Scott or Sam was going to tag along, but everyone agreed it was unnecessary since Nat had insisted that she will come. It would be nice if Vision could come, but it would cause too much attention, even if he disguised himself. Not that it really mattered, Vision doesn't have anything to make up for.

"How long are you going to be doing this?" Peter questioned.

Tony shrugged, "Ideally it'll only last a week like the last group, but Wanda and Clint trigger me way more than Sam and Scott. And since Clint knows about you, and I don't trust him at all, it puts a damp on our plans. But after this, I'll start having lunch up there on their floor." He explained.

Peter set down his pencil and looked up at Tony, "Be honest with me, Dad. How are you feeling about that part of the plan? I mean, going up onto their floor with all of them? Are you sure you can handle that?"

"Not really, that's why I'm gonna drag Rhodey along, I'll have him, Nat, Vision, and maybe Scott and Sam surround me so I don't need to be near any of the others, more specifically... well, you know who." Tony dragged his hand down his face as he thought about how chaotic that'll be.

"I wish I could be there for you..." Peter mumbled, but Tony still heard it, and the man froze.

"No."

"But-"

"I said no, Peter! I will not let them near you! If I don't feel safe near them, like hell am I going to have you anywhere near them!" Tony exclaimed.

Peter fell silent, as he picked up his pencil and went back to work. Tony looked up from his laptop and over at his kid. His kid who just wanted the best for him. Like the perfect child he is.

Tony sighed, "I'm sorry, kiddo, I appreciate that you want to help, I really do. I just can't let anything happen to you. Especially when I still need to... never mind." Tony shook his head and waved his hand dismissively.

Peter tilted his head, "Need to what?"

Tony shook his head again, "It's nothing. My point is, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Dad. That was my fault for pushing. I know how you feel about me being near the Rogues. I get it." Peter smiled at his father.

Tony smiled back, "Anyway, how's your thing with MJ going?" Tony asked, changing the subject.

Peter blushed, "What 'thing?'"

Tony snorted, "Are you together yet? What's happening there? Come on son, give me the details. I wanna hear all about it."

Peter laughed nervously, "It's going good, we've been on a few dates. I'm trying to figure out how to ask her if she wants to make it official or not."

"Any ideas you've come up with?"

Peter's face heats up and he chuckles nervously.

"None that would get her to say yes."

Tony rolled his eyes, "C'mon Pete, it can't be that bad."

Peter took a deep breath, "Well, I was gonna ask a Starbucks employee if they could make me a pumpkin spice latte, and since it's out of season, i'd pay extra. I'd even call ahead of time if I need to. I'm hoping once I explain that the drink is what got me and MJ going out they'll do it. I'd make a thing out of Legos that says 'wanna be my girlfriend?', and when she sees it, I'll give her the drink to top it off."