Chapter Four

Includes self harm, I'll put a warning when it starts and I'll let you know when it's good to read again.

Tony felt his walls break down as Rhodey stares at him, waiting for a response. Tears fall down his eyes and he hurries to try and wipe them away, but they keep coming.

"Damn it!" Tony hissed.

Rhodey was at his side in an instant. He pulled Tony into his arms and rubbed his back.

"You got this, Tony. I'll be right by your side the entire time and you won't even have to speak. I'll handle it all. It's going to be okay, I promise." Rhodey cooed.

Tony sniffled a bit and hugged him tighter before letting go. Rhodey gave him a soft smile and he gave Rhodey a small one in return.

"Thanks Honeybear."

Rhodey chuckles a bit, "Anytime Stank. I'll see you later." And with that he leaves the lab.

Tony let out a sigh and tried to get back to work on Peter's suit. However, flashes of the Rogues faces kept coming to Tony, especially Steve. Oh Steve, with his baby blue eyes, his blonde hair and oddly suiting beard, his smile, his laugh.

Suddenly memories of Siberia come crashing down on Tony and he struggled to breathe.

Bucky was there, his metal arm on the floor, and his steel eyes staring daggers into Tony's soul. And Steve. Oh Steve. His piercing blue eyes glaring down at Tony with nothing but hostility. His Captain America mask that covered his blonde hair stained with blood. His smile gone, and instead his teeth are clenched as he slams the shield down into Tony's arc reactor. There is no laughter, but his grunts and heavy breathing fills Tony's mind as he speaks to Bucky that they need to go.

Tony pushed back from his desk, knocking over a few things in the process. More memories of him and Steve racing through his mind.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off what are you?" Steve taunted while circling Tony.

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." Tony sassed back, keeping my usual calm demeanor.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. And I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself." Steve rambles while Tony continue staring at him, unimpressed.

"You're not the guy to make a sacrifice play. To lay down on the wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire." Tony interrupts.

"Always a way out. You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero." He finished.

That's where Tony snapped.

"A hero? Like you? You're a laboratory experiment Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle."

~~~

"Earth's mightiest heroes. Pulled us apart like cotton candy." Steve ranted as he picked up logs.

"It seems like you walked away alright." Tony mumbled.

Steve straightens out his back and stares at Tony, "Is that a problem?"

"I don't trust a guy without a dark side," Tony chopped a piece of wood, "Call me old fashioned."

"Well let's just say you haven't seen it yet."

Tony desperately pulled himself away from that memory but it keeps playing. Over, and over, and over again.