Chapter Eight

Tony woke up on the couch in his lab. A blanket thrown over him. He could've sworn he fell asleep on the floor.

"Hey Fri, what time is it?" Tony called out.

"It is 12:02, boss."

Tony sighed in relief. He won't have to see the Rogues for about two hours. He closed his eyes to fall back asleep, and that's when he notice the weight on his chest.

Tony looked down and saw Peter lying on top of him. He must've been the one who put Tony on the couch and gave him the blanket.

Tony smiled and kissed his kid on the head. He played with his curls while his mind drifted off.

He was going to be trapped in the same room as the Rogues for at least a hour. He should probably stop referring to them as Rogues, but what else was he supposed to call them? Friends? Not anymore. Family? Family shouldn't betray one another. Teammates? Even that doesn't sound right. He couldn't even picture himself working with them anymore. There's no trust.

Rouges will have to do.

But can he stand being in the same room as them? It's Scott, Wanda, Sam, Clint, Nat, and him.

Scott, Tony had just met six months ago. And it wasn't under good circumstances. So Tony doesn't know what kind of person he is. Just that he was on his side.

Wanda. Her and Tony have never been... close per say. She hates him. He knows that. But she did become close with Vision, who Tony created, and he did give her a place to stay. But then he took her away from there.

Sam. He is a nice guy. A pleasant person to work with. Does good for people. Seems genuine. And too be fair, he was one of his closest friends, so of course he'd side with him. Rhodey seemed to like him. Before all this happened at least.

Clint. Tony never really knew where he stood with the guy. He obviously always preferred him, but it's not like they weren't friends. They got along just fine. Until six months ago, that is.

Nat. Tony loved her, even now he does. She's been there with Tony even before the Avenger days. She was like his little sister, and she still is. But siblings get into fights, it's normal. Never a fight like this though. She was on his side at first, but then also betrayed Tony for him. He'd still forgive her, though. He always did have a soft spot for Agent Romanoff.

Steve. His name alone gives Tony anxiety. How was Tony supposed to be in the same room as him? How was Tony supposed to look at him as his captain after what happened? Tony will admit, he did miss him. But he's not him anymore. He's "Nomad" or whatever the hell he calls himself.

Tony felt a stir on his chest and looked down to see Peter waking up. Peter got up and sat on the couch, looking around sleepily. Tony sat up as well, and stared amusingly at him.

"Morning." Tony greeted.

Peter jumped slightly and snapped his head to look at Tony. He relaxed a bit when he saw that it was just Tony.

"Oh, hey Mr. Stark." He laughed.

Tony stood up and offered Peter his hand, "Let's get breakfast. Or... lunch?"

Peter nodded and took Tony's hand with a smile. Tony pulled Peter up from the couch and left the lab, Peter following behind him.

When they got out of the elevator and were in the kitchen, Tony began to make french toast and eggs while Peter sat at the bar stool, rambling about school and his friends. From what Tony had gathered, Peter has a crush on his friend MJ, though he'd never admit it. She's a nice girl, reminded Tony of-