Chapter Fifteen

"Alright Dad, I'm going to school. Are you sure you're gonna be okay?"

Today was the day the plan started. To say Tony was nervous was an understatement. He wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

"Yes, Pete. I'm fine." He lied.

Peter raised a brow, but chose not to question the older man's obvious lie, and instead gave his dad a hug. Tony squeezed him tight before letting him go and watched Peter walk to the elevator. Tony smiled as Peter waved back at him before stepping into the lift, and as soon as the doors closed Tony's smile dropped.

Fuck.

Tony looked down at his cup of coffee before chugging the rest of it. Staring at the empty mug he debated in his head wether or not he should get a second cup, and of course he ended up getting a second cup because today was going to be a long day. He deserve to be well caffeinated.

It was starting out easy today. Tony was going out to lunch with Nat, Scott, and Sam. Should be easy enough.

Tony still had a few hours before he met up with them on their floor, so he decided to do some cleaning. A good distraction, that unlike working in the lab, won't make him forget about later.

About three hours into cleaning, Tony spots a pink post-it-note on the living room coffee table. Raising a brow, the man picked up the note with a rubber gloved hand, smiling softly at what it read.

Hi Dad!
Hopefully you see this before you go. I wish you the best. I am really proud of you for doing this, no matter how much I wish I could be there. You got this Dad! Remember, you're not only Iron Man, but Tony freaking Stark. You're bad ass! (please don't be mad I said that word, it was necessary)

-Peter

"Hey Fri, what time is it?" Tony asked, not looking up from the note.

"The times is 10:31 am, boss."

Looking up and giving the room a once over, Tony couldn't help the small -but still as good- signature smirk that paints his face. The kid's right, he was Tony Stark, Iron Man, something as simple as a lunch with old friends wasn't going to bring him down.

Tony took off the gloves and put the cleaning materials away, before picking up the note once again, and heading to his bedroom. He stuck the note onto his mirror, the soft smile back on his face, and went into the bathroom to get ready.

The shower helped calmed his nerves, but that salvation was temporary, as when he got out of the shower, a voice sounded throughout the room.

"Boss, the Rogues are ready when you are." FRIDAY announced.

Tony took a deep breath and wrapped a towel around his waist, "Thanks Fri."

Tony did his usual routine in the bathroom, and quickly styled his hair. He went into his bedroom and went straight into the closet. He decided on a light blue button up and dark grey pants, paired with black dress shoes. A bit more casual than his usual attire when going out, but it made him easier to blend in (as much as one could when you're Tony Stark).

Quickly giving himself a once over, and deciding he was presentable, he grabbed a pair of sunglasses, left his bedroom and went straight to the elevator. He didn't need to press a button, as FRIDAY was already sending the lift to the desired floor.

Tony was starting to nervous sweat. Nat wasn't an issue, and yeah, he can handle Sam and Scott more than others. But that doesn't mean anything. Scott and Sam still were on his side.