Chapter 6

Nati's P.O.V.

Nakayukyok ako sa mesa habang nakatitig sa team ko na masayang naguusap sa discord. They are currently discussing the details of the a new map and dlc we are working to be release by the end of this month. Dream is being unfair to me. Why is he even doing this?

Nang wala akong makuhang sagot mula sa pagtitig sa screen ay pinatay ko na lang ang laptop ko. My team rely on me. We built this group together and I can't allow Dream to ruin the team we built through friendship and hardwork. There are two people in my team that is still in their college and they are solely relying on Snowmoon to support their education.

I do have plan to release our own games in the future, but right now we are still on the process of trying to figure out what kind of games we can launch that can be a hit to the public. Valkyria is a big company and they have loyal fans already. Each game that they will release will create a buzz to the public, allowing them to have a free promotion for their games.

Snowmoon on the other hand is solely dependent to Valkyria. One of their player base games has an approximately 90 million active players every month. That game opens up a door to a small scale game developers like Snowmoon. I am aware that it is Clay's idea to open the marketplace to the independent creator for them to sell their creation in the in-game marketplace. But now he is using that to trap me.

What I am supposed to do now?

A knock from the door of my room made me turn my eyes towards it.

"Come in..." Mahinang wika ko.

The door open revealing my mom with a huge box in her hand.

"Honey, your dress arrived today." Wika nito saka bahagyang sinipa pasara ang pinto. "I can help you fit into it."

The sparkles in her eyes tells me how excited she is for the incoming event. I let out a sigh of agony and slump my face down on the table. I have one day to decide. One freaking day. If I can only turn back time, I shouldn't have thrown that wine on him, I should have chose a knife to slit his throat instead.

I can help but wince at my own thought. Great! Now I am having murderous thoughts too. Thanks to Clay. I hate that guy.

"C'mon honey, don't you wanna see how the gown looks on you?" Tanong ng aking ina dahilan upang magangat ako ng tingin.

"Why do I need to marry Clay?" Tanong ko rito imbes na sagutin ang itinatanong niya. I really do not understand why all of the sudden I am betrothed to a hateful person. I don't remember them opening a topic about it before, so why now?

My mother put down the box on my bed and sit on my bed facing me.

"Why you wouldn't want to marry Clay? He is rich." Balik tanong nito dahilan upang maramdaman ko ang biglang pagtaas ng temperatura ng aking silid.

My palm close into a tight fist as I try to control myself. She's my mom. She loves me and she knew what's best for me. Don't lose your patience. Deep breath, baby. Deep breath. I count one to ten in my head before taking a deep breath to release the tension in my chest.

"Mom, you think I'm into money?" Mahinahong tanong ko rito.

My mother let out a smile at my reaction and shakes her head. I can see amusement in her eyes, making me think that she thinks my situation is funny.

I take another deep breath and allow the clean air to clear my lungs. I just came back here, but now I want to runaway and go back to Solstice. This not funny. This is a disaster.

"No, of course not honey." Sa wakas ay wika ng aking ina. "Valkyria was founded by both your father and Clay's father. How do you think our family became good friends after all this years? However, your father decided to give up his claims on it to pursue his passion for archaeology."

Kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi nito. Umayos ako ng pagkakaupo upang bigyan ito ng pagkakataong makapagpaliwanag. Maybe if I try to listen to her, I will be able to understand why they suddenly decided to do an arranged marriage set-up.

"When he left, he didn't pull out his investment from the company?"

My mother shakes his head to confirm my conclusion.

"He didn't. Your father still owns 25 percent of stocks in Valkyria. It's currently under Clay's name. Clay has currently 55 percents shares of stock in Valkyria, giving him power over the company. The initial plan is to completely sell that shares to Clay. But we noticed how you love game development as well, so we change our plan on taking that 25 percent shares back to give it to you on your next birthday. However, by doing so Clay will only have less than 30 percent on the ownership of the company and that will remove some of his control over it. He won't be the major shareholder anymore." Paliwanag nito.

"I didn't know about that." Napalunok ako saka saglit na napaisip. So we have stocks in Valkyria and I don't know anything about that? "Wait, if he lost his control over Valkyria, it's not my problem anymore, right?"

Napabuntong hininga na lang ang aking ina habang nakatitig sa akin.

"Look, it is not a secret to you how hard Clay works in the past years to bring Valkyria to its current position today. He don't deserve to lose the control over the company. We can't do that to him." Simpleng sagot nito saka inalis ang tingin sa akin. She bring her attention to the box that contains my gown and pull the ribbon to open it.

If they are too concerned with Clay's welfare, why they didn't just adopt him? I can't help but roll my eyes internally at my current situation. My parents like that guy too much. I can't really blame them. Clay is so likable. He's an asshole but I must admit that my parents is correct. It is Clay's brain that made Vakyria became the top company in game development.

"Other option is we can simply sell out the shares to Clay's family and you can use the money to fund your grow–."

"Nope!" Agad kong agaw sa sasabihin nito. "I am not selling my shares to him. That's mine and Valkyria's name will be a big help for my future plans for Snowmoon."

My mother let out a smile as she pull the beautiful red ball gown from the box. For a second I got distracted on how dazzling the gown looks. Oh heavens that's a beautiful gown right there.

"Exactly, that's why we came up with the solution to do an arranged marriage instead. That will help you with your company and will help Clay as well." Sagot nito saka ibinaling ang tingin sa akin. "So wanna try this gown now?"

My eyes sparkled in excitement as I stand up from my chair.

"Okay, that gown is a bomb. But this doesn't mean I am already agreeing on marrying him." I walk towards my mom. Definitely hype of the idea of wearing that red gown. I'm pretty sure I will look like a princess in it.

Palihim akong napangiti sa impormasyong nakuha ko sa aking ina. That guy has the audacity to threaten me to remove Snowmoon from the in-game marketplace when I definitely have a say in it. If he thinks he can play with me, he got it all wrong. I'll give him a game he won't forget.