Chapter 8

Nati's P.O.V.

Inihinto ni Dream ang sinasakyan namin sa tapat ng hotel kung saan gaganapin ang anniversary ng parents ko. Saglit akong napalunok. I kept myself hidden from the public in the past years and now I'm back. I wonder what would be the other people's reaction to my sudden appearance and for the announcement of me marrying one of the big names in the gaming community.

"Ready?" Tanong ni Dream dahilan upang mag-angat ako ng tingin rito. Hindi ko namalayang nakalabas na pala ito ng sasakyan at nabuksan na niya ang pintuan sa tabi ko.

I nodded at him and accepted his hand. If I were to be honest with myself, no I am not ready. In fact, I am not ready for all of this. My parents are shoving everything to me. I do understand the reason behind their actions, but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

"Smile sweetheart. You don't want them to think that you are being forced to be my date tonight, right?" Wika ni Dream dahilan upang tumaas ang kilay ko.

I gave him the most sarcastic smile I can muster.

"Well news flash sweetheart, if you are not aware yet, I am being forced to be your wife." I gritted under my breath, careful not to say it out loud.

"You make it sound as if marrying me is a bad thing." Tinulungan ako nitong ayusin ang gown ko matapos kong makababa ng sasakyan. After fixing my dress, he stand beside me, allowing me to cling my arms to his. "You are getting married to the most hottest eligible bachelor in the country."

Napailing na lang ako saka pinigilan ang sarili kong mapangiwi. He didn't lie on that part, but he is actually missing one thing. It is the simple fact that I don't love him. Like other girls out there, I also want to get married to a guy that I truly love, someone that can make me feel excited of waking up in the morning for cuddles and other cheesy things like that. Not with someone I want to push off a cliff when a chance was given.

Para hindi na humaba ang usapan ay hindi na ako sumagot rito. I fixes my smile and displays my most sweetest one as we approach the entrance. I can feel my chest hammering as the people turn to our direction with curious look on their face.

Huminga ako ng malalim upang kalmahin ang dibdib ko. The feeling of anxiety is enclosing me dangerously, making me want to hide myself back in Dream's car. He must have felt my sudden discomfort at the attention people are giving to us because I feel him pulling me close to his body, making me feel his warmth as if telling me that he is here beside me.

He guides me towards the direction of where our parents are.

"I'm worried that you two won't make it in time." Wika ng ina ni Dream.

"It's my fault, tita. I need to make sure I look my best for the party, I don't want my fiance to look on other woman." I turn to look at Dream and wink at him playfully.

"No worries about my son, hija." Wika ni tita saka tumingin sa kanyang anak. "He's too obsessed with his games to even glance at other women."

I nodded at her in agreement. One thing I probably like about Dream is he's not someone you can see in tabloid or news headline creating ruckus. Despite his success in gaming industry and his money, he is not into collecting girls. Either that he is really not really a womanizer or he is just good at hiding it.

"Hey, is that you, Nati?" Tinig iyon ng isang babae ang siyang kumuha ng atensyon naming lahat.

I turn around and see someone I expected to see in this party, but not ready to face at all. There's a part of me that doesn't want to acknowledge her, but that would be rude considering that I am in front if Dream's parents.

"Hey, Alanah." Bati ko rito. "Long time no see."

 Lumapad ang pagkakangiti nito sa akin. Then suddenly, a fake shock registered on her face. I almost roll my eyes in irritation at her over-reaction.

"That's why I didn't recognize you immediately. Did you had the fox eye surgery and rhinoplasty?" Tanong nito habang puno nang interest na sinisipat ang mukha ko. "Your doctor did great. If I didn't remember you back in college with your average looking face, I wouldn't have guessed it."

I bit my inner lip to stop myself from spitting words that I might end up regretting later. Alanah was blessed with a natural dazzling beauty, that's why she's also one of the most popular girl in college.

"Yeah, I had brow lift and lip fillers too. Don't bother asking me for the price, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to afford it." Sagot ko saka tinaasan ito nang kilay.

Her smile is widen at my response. I hate this girl. As much as possible I want to avoid her at all cost. She has this unrequited crush with Dream. When Dream and I became a thing back in college, she did her best to annoy me every time she get a chance. I don't really understand what is her deal with me aside from the fact that she seems trying too hard to be a real life queen bee from the popular series 'mean girls'.

"Oh honey, I look like a goddess already. I don't need those to look beautiful." Confident nitong sagot saka ibanaling ang tingin sa lalaking katabi ko. "Am I right? Clay?"

The tone of her voice change into a seductive one. Her hand reach out to my fiance's tie, obviously trying to get his attention. Dream did nothing but smile on her direction. He is about to say something when our attention was captured by the host of the party.

All of us turn our attention towards the host as he gave his thanks to the people who freed their time in order to attend tonight's celebration. Then the eyes of the host turn to where we are standing. Sa puntong iyon ay naramdaman ko ang malakas na pagtibok ng dibdib ko.

"Aside from celebrating the 25th anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Seyfred, we also want to announce tonight the official engagement of their beautiful daughter Nati Seyfred to her boyfriend Clay Dwayne Franzese."

Humigpit ang pagkakahawak ko kay Dream. The whole hall went awfully silent for a few seconds. Everyone is completely shock at the unexpected revelation. On the other side, I can definitely understand their reaction. I was gone for more than six years and now I'm back with a news that I am marrying one of the most famous personality in gaming community. If I were in their shoes, I will be shock too.

"You guys are getting married?" Takang tanong ni Alanah dahilan upang bumaling ang tingin ko rito.

I didn't even bother hiding my smile upon seeing the disbelief in her eyes. It is clear as the blue sky that she don't like the idea of me and Dream getting married. I can't help but celebrate internally. Perhaps marrying Dream ain't that bad after all. I get to irritate people who loves to bully me back in college effortlessly.

"Yes, we are." Sagot ko rito saka tumingala kay Dream. "Right, Clay?"

A proud smile formed on Dream's lips. What I didn't expect though is his next move. He leans down to me and before I can even react, I feel his lips softly brush against mine.

Nanlaki ang mata ko sa ginawa nito. That's just a simple and short kiss, but it is enough to make my heart hammered like crazy inside my chest. His arms that is circling my waist protectively starts to feel different now. My mind went blank for a few seconds as I try to ground myself because that kiss feels like it brought me to another dimension.

I hear Alanah's gasp in front of us, but my attention is not on her anymore. My eyes was stuck on my fiance's eyes with that glint of mischief in it.

"Yeah, she's going to be Mrs. Clay Dwayne Franzese soon." Wika nito na ang mga mata ay hindi inaalis ang sa akin.

Nakaramdam ako ng kakaibang init sa sikmura sa paraan ng pagkakasabi nito. I'm not sure if I am simply imagining it, but the spark on his eyes are giving me signals that I don't have the heart to decode. Ako ang hindi nakatiis at siyang unang nagiwas ng tingin rito.

No, he's just playing with me. He don't love me.