Chapter 10: Recall

Kieren had only recently woken up to find himself in his room with a sharp pain in his side and chills running through him. It was Victoria who had been beside him and made him lay back down. Once she had a cold cloth had been placed on his forehead while he eyed her. The dark blue haired girl smiled before reaching out to gently place a hand on his cheek.

"You've been running a fever for three days now. You used whatever that power is and it hurt you. Vincent thinks it's too much on your body. He doesn't want you using it until you can control it better," she told him.

"I'm sorry...that I hurt him. I didn't mean to..." she shook her head.

"It's fine. He says he's more worried about you. Kieren you were really sick yesterday – your fever was so high that it almost made you too warm to touch. More importantly, how do you feel?" she asked.

"Better...my head hurts. Did I do something? Did I hurt someone else?" she again shook her head.

"No, thankfully you didn't. Kieren, I think you need to figure out more about this before you do something else. I'm concerned for you." He raised an eyebrow.

"Why would you be worried about me? I just..." she brushed his hair away from his eyes.

"You're special you know that? I don't know what it is but you're familiar to me. I feel like I've met you somewhere before."

"Where?" he asked her this and she looked down.

"I don't know...I remember meeting this kid with red hair and amber eyes a long time ago. But I don't know where I met him. He looks like you, but I don't know if it's you or someone else. Every time I see you though I feel like this – like I know you from somewhere, but I don't know where."

"That's fine. I don't mind of you don't recall it. I'm just glad that I've met you...even if this started out with me not wanting to be around all of you...I guess I've kind of gotten used to this," he said as he sat up.

"Are you hungry?" he nodded and she excused herself while he got himself dressed and then walked out of the room with her.

Lucy and Wilkinson were horrified when they saw him – just because he was out of bed. But thankfully his fever had dramatically dropped. Victoria led him into the dining area and asked Zambi and Elice to bring out something which they did. Zambi and the blonde had asked if he was feeling better and Kieren talked with them for a bit before the two went back to the kitchen. Victoria ate with him and enjoyed the conversation while the boy before her talked a bit and explained to her what it had felt like when the entire event dealing with the flames had happened.

Honestly, he didn't know how to describe it best – it was warmth rushing through him, but at the same time it felt like a comforting fireplace rather than intense painful heat. Kieren looked to the side a bit before looking back at her with a smile before stating that he wasn't sure what it felt like or why it happened – nor did he know how he did it. The girl didn't seem to mind, but did inform him that they'd be heading to Brarcaea to resupply the ship and possibly get a few additional things for the ship and the crew. Kieren looked around him and sighed as he finished eating and was led by Victoria to a part of the ship he'd never been to before – the glass room.

The entire area was made of beautiful glass stained in different colors which created a rainbow in the room. It was cool inside, and allowed you to view things from great distances. Kieren looked at the glass pane made of pale red and looked down to see the clouds giving way to the view of the sea below them. Victoria smiled and came behind him before placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked at the girl and she turned to a small radio. With a raised eyebrow she turned it on and grabbed him before leading him into the room's center.