Chapter 16: Record

Kieren stared at the sky through the windows of the house with a glare on his face while Via and Aven had pulled out communicators to radio in to the others. Molly stared at the announcement wondering why they were there. The White Eagles who guarded the royal nation of Norevar. She heard Kieren swear as he looked to them and then at Via and Aven. She knew in that moment something was wrong, much more so than it had been since he came back yesterday. He took a moment to think and then looked at the group knowing that soon there would be no hiding what he was involved in.

"What's happening Kieren?" asked Eudora.

"We'll talk about it later. Via did you get them?" the girl looked a little worried.

"They didn't reply," she said.

"What? You don't think that those..." there was another canon fire and the group looked onward as the sky ship suddenly was crashed into.

The group stared in shock before racing out of the house to see a red and gold trimmed ship sailing on passed the white and bronze ship. Kieren stared as the red ship turned and the white ship tilted a bit. It didn't take much for Doctor Nelthorpe to realize that Kieren was worried about the red ship as it turned and the group watched it stay afloat. Via smiled while Aven grinned like a cat that ate the canary as the other looked at the boy who seemed just as pleased as the others.

"The Calvary has arrived," Aven said.

"What kind of ship is that?" Kieren looked at Eudora and smiled.

"The kind you want to see right about now." The others stared as a ringing of a speaker came on and they looked above.

"ATTENTION OBNOXIOUS, COUNTRY LOOTING, HOME WRECKING, FAMILY KILLING, SELF-RITEOUS PLUNDERING BAFOONS! YOU HAVE TRESSPASSED ON OUR TERRITORY REMOVE YOURSELF NOW AND WE WON'T DO IT FOR YOU!" Aven felt himself nearly fall over at hearing the voice. It was definitely not the voice of their captain.

"Who was that?" Via raised an eyebrow for a moment and then sighed.

"It was Izzy...I should have known she would do that. Oh, by the way you might want to get ready they'll take it to the ground."

Just as she said that everyone hit the dirt as a blast of bullets dove above them. They looked up in time to see someone sliding down a rope where the others were watching horrified as men dressed in white uniforms appeared. The men looked almost gleeful as Kieren stood and with Via and Aven got prepared to fight. The one with glasses tossed his head back to laugh as the three children braced themselves. He sighed as he looked them over eyeing each one of them for a moment. His eyes landed on the blood red haired boy and he felt his eyes widen unbidden as he realized a similarity between the boy and two people he had executed several years ago during the war.

He watched the boy's honey colored eyes narrow and he smirked all too pleased to see what he was. He stood there eyeing them once more before looking at the boy between the girl and the brunette with a smirk plastered on his face as he considered what wonderful things would be in store if he was correct.

"Well, you most certainly have grown girl and you as well young man, but who is your friend?" he asked.

"That's none of your business!" he laughed.

"Oh but it is. You see, I have a question for this young boy here...so tell me where did you get those beautiful honey colored eyes? What about your blood red hair it's quite attractive I must say," he stated in an almost malicious voice.

"Is that really any of your concern? I mean...shouldn't you be ducking?" the man eyed him funnily.

"Ducking?" just as he asked this he heard someone yell.