Chapter 12: Glass

Brarcaea was actually a beautiful country that was the only existing safe zone for sky pirates. The ports were full of markets, sellers, and pubs that were ideal for the crews of the ships. Kieren stood at the window looking at the place in questioning as the others prepared for their outing. It was to gather supplies and items that they would need, but that required preparing a great deal of work. Lists, and money would be given to the group. The teenagers were going to deal with supplies and food they would need while the adults dealt with medicine and other items they would need. Kieren looked at the sword in the corner with its black and bronze sheath. He sighed and went over to pick it up before slipping it over his upper body for it to settle at his back with the strap resting against his chest. He looked at the window again and heard a knock at his door.

"Kieren? Are you ready to..." Via looked at him as he turned.

"Yea...is everyone ready too?" she nodded while staring at the sword on his back.

"You're bringing your sword right?" he looked at her in questioning before looking at the door.

"I'm supposed to correct?" the girl looked down.

"I really didn't want you to fight or get involved because..." Kieren placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Via...I'm not scared to fight, and if I'm here then I need to be prepared for whatever this world might throw at me. The alchemy I've learned so far is hardly going to help me...and I'm not worried I can do it no problem."

Victoria wasn't convinced with his words. Kieren was sweet natured and she knew that it meant he was just as innocent because of his kind demeanor. It did make her wonder if he could withstand what might happen if Kieren was put in a situation where he had to fight and kill then what would happen? The two of them ended up getting shoved off the ship by Emi in moments. The girl had her hair up in a ponytail held by her black bow. Her clothes hadn't changed, but she carried a short sword at her hip much like the other girls. Kieren's sword was slender and sleek but wasn't very long either. He noticed that Aven was carrying his the same way, but that Vincent wore his on his right hip.

Kieren looked around the area in amazement. The port was full of other sky pirates buying and selling and shopping through the different venders. Jun nudged him and told him to keep up with them. It was one thing to assume that getting split up would be bad, but it was another entire problem if you got split up in Brarcaea during its heat season. Kieren heard someone yell and a shot was fired. His body went stiff and his skin white before Izzy and H.B came to him and pushed him along. He knew better than to stiffen like that, but he hadn't anticipated the shot.

Izzy shrugged her shoulders to him while H.B felt discomforted by Kieren's reaction. Perhaps bringing him had been a bad idea. The boy shook himself out and walked past them to Via who smiled and began talking to him apparently hoping to bring down the boy's tension. H.B kept eye the boy as they walked along being told by Vincent what they needed before splitting up. Kieren, Via, Elice, Aven and himself. Kieren was quiet as he took in the sights around him for the first time in awe over the vast amount of different items and things to see. He never really considered what it would be like coming to a country where sky pirates were given shelter. But he found himself amazed.

As they headed into the market district they heard music play. It sounded like an accordion and a violin. They turned a corner and a man in a suit was sitting playing while a girl in beautiful bright colors made of flowing fabric was making slow movements. Kieren paused as flutes came in over the accordion and other people stepped from behind the stands playing other instruments. The girl began dancing the fabrics and colors flaring around her as she twirled. The man playing sang a song the others had heard the girl following the steps. He stared amazed at her as she landed and paused to sing a line speaking of someone she loved and the true love she waited for as the music picked back up and she danced once more.