1

*UNEDITED*

The scotching sun that was angrily racing towards me caused beads of sweat to decorate my face. I had just fetched water from the Katadenku river because the pipe at the village had stopped flowing for no apparent reason. I was dog tired because the walk to the river was more than a 30 minute walk and I was wondering if I was going to return and get another bucket full of water. My cousin, Asantewaa wasn't helping matters either. She had fetched her water long ago but she was listening to gossip about a girl who was supposed to go through the dipo rites this week but got herself pregnant, since the news was of no interest to me, I sat on the rock and drew images in the sand to keep myself busy.

"Asantewaa!!, Enough with the talking pick up your water!, It's getting dark and you know we have to fetch another bucket of water before the barrels at home will be filled up!"

" Okay okay I am coming", she replied running Helter skelter
" I was listening to Fosua's trouble, she has really caused her parents and herself a lot of trouble", Asantewaa continued as we picked up our buckets of water and placed it on our heads

"Why do you say so, is it because of her pregnancy?"

"Not that only oh!!, Can you believe she is pregnant for her older brother??"

" WHAT??!!!", I yelled almost pouring all the water on the floor.

" Stop yelling!, This thing we are talking about is very crucial and no one has to hear us talking about it since we have no proof or evidence whatsoever", Asantewaa whispered firmly as we walked briskly so that we could get home early enough to help our mothers

"Like I am surprised, what could possibly make you do nothing but sleep with your own biological brother, this is total incest!"

" I heard the chief has summoned them at the palace immediately and a banishment is required for she and brother for such atrocity"

" Yes this needs to be done as soon as possible else the wrath of the gods will come upon this village due to such an abomination caused"

" But how on Earth could you think of having sex with your own brothers
whilst there are so many men and boys in this village?"

" Ask again oh Emefa", I said referring to Asantewaa- she was also called Emefa because her mum is an ewe but she isn't normally called that name, I am the only one who calls her that often.

"Let's be fast before they send Darko and Dankwah to come looking for us"

" Hei! Hei! Hei! Hei!", We heard people scream from the nearby bushes. Out of panic, I dropped my bucket of water on the floor bursting the rubber bucket in the process.

Well built men appeared from nowhere and from the looks of them and their attire, they seemed to be palace guards.

Unexpectedly, I was lifted up by one of the palace guards and was placed on his broad shoulders, I felt very uncomfortable because his thick, erect shoulders was poking my abdomen, I tried shoving him off so I could get down but he was too strong and my tiny little hands was getting tired after hitting his back several times and I could see that the beating didn't have any effect on him so I gave up helplessly.
I began screaming for help and so was Asantewaa because what was happening was nothing but kidnap but unfortunately there was no one around because the narrow streets were empty.

I was so confused, helpless and scared because I had no idea why I was being carried away like I didn't even matter. I saw Asantewaa running for help as I was being taken away to wherever I was going to be taken to...

                     I feel so sorry for Ama 😔
               Please vote and point out mistakes.😊