3

*UNEDITED*
--
I am sure you all are wondering what the word 'Sisi' means. It's a title for the word mother or aunty😌.( Anyway we are back to Ama's POV.)

~~

Sins against the gods??

A member of the family committing that sin??

Me paying for that sin??

Something I knew nothing about and I had to pay for the consequences

What sort of nonsense is this??

I just couldn't assimilate and comprehend what was happening to me right now.

Was it bad luck that was following me??

I just kept asking myself rhetorical questions hoping to seek for an answer. I was so scared, anxious and upset.

~~~

"What place is this??", I said looking around, there and then I realized my clothes had been changed for a reason I didn't know of.

A black cloth covered the upper part of my body leaving my stomach bare. And the rest of the cloth covered my lower part. Two older ladies then gestured me inside of a place that looked like a shrine. I couldn't believe my eyes!! So many young girls were carrying pots on their heads and had the same attire I was wearing, the only difference was that they had anklets and necklaces which were made of cowries put on.

 I couldn't believe my eyes!! So many young girls were carrying pots on their heads and had the same attire I was wearing, the only difference was that they had anklets and necklaces which were made of cowries put on

I was becoming nervous and disturbed because the old women told me this was going to be the place I was going to spend my life till I died. I also saw many women carrying their babies and caring for them too. It was just like a community on it's own

Amaaaa!!!!! Amaaaa!!! Odumaa!!!!

I finally woke up of my dreams to see Asantewaa holding a black polythene bag.

"You were so into your dreams, I could see", Asantewaa said as she cackled

" Hmm, I had a weird and disturbing dream oh"

"Really??", Asantewaa said as she moved towards where I was and sat down beside me.

"What was it about??", She asked trying to get me to talk

" Wait, what's inside the polythene bag??"

"Ooh, it's your food. We prepared boiled yam with kontomire stew and boiled egg. So I told Maame to save yours so I bring to you"

" Oh how thoughtful of you, I was so hungry. Thank you very much Emefa! God bless you"

" There's no need to thank me Ama, you know I will always be there for you", Asantewaa said and hugged me

" Back to what you said, what was the weird dream about??"

" Yes yes!!, I had a dream that I was in a black clothing and two old women led me into a shrine and I saw so many girls like me some even younger and some as old as Grandma Addae and most of them had kids of their own. And the old women told me I was going to spend the rest of my life in that shrine till death decides to claim me."

" No way, none of that should happen, why should you be enslaved??!"

" I hope this dream is just a mere one and not something that will come to pass"

" Let's hope for that because I'm getting worried, Ama"

" Not as worried  and anxious as I am right now Emefa"

" Please eat your food before it gets cold, Maame and Sisi Abena said the chief priest has asked of their presence this evening and that is going to tell your fate"

" So does this mean I'm going to spend the night here??"

" I don't really know but eat your food, I will leave now before those guards sack me out. But I will come with them when they are coming to the palace so that I can see you, okay"

" Okay, take care oh Emefa"

" Don't worry I will", Asantewaa said with a wave.

I was Soo vulnerable, I began crying wondering when this drama and nightmare will come to an end so that I can go back to my past life. I ate all the food not leaving any piece to spare because I was starving. I never took God seriously when a friend told me about him back in secondary school but it seems he was the only one I could talk to right now. I knelt by the bed and prayed silently to God ....

Do you think Ama is going to get back her past life??🙁
Please vote 🌟