4

(Guess what, a new character appearing in this chapter, comment if you like him😌)

*UNEDITED*

"Woah!! Dad, I can't believe this Ghana. It's surprisingly beautiful.", Matt said in astonishment

" How did you expect it to be? ", Mr. Boston asked what a cackle

"Nathan told me Africa was a forest, so I didn't expect this after all", Matt said as she scratched the back of his head.

" You are such an ignorant child", the driver said with a laugh

"Africa has developed in so many ways though we haven't reached expectation", the driver continued as he showed Matt and his dad some important, historic places in the city of Ghana.

"Ha the good old days, things haven't really changed though", Mr Boston said as he looked around the places in Accra

Matt also took the opportunity to take lots of pictures so he could send pictures to his friends that Africa wasn't a forest after all.

The journey was quite long since they were heading towards the eastern part of Ghana.

~~

In no time, the driver had arrived at their destination. Matt had quite a long nap after the long drive. The driver helped them pack their luggages to the house they arrived at. Mr. Boston the driver with a handsome amount of money for not only the transport fare but for giving them more insight about Ghana and helping them with their luggages.

"Dad, we already have accommodation??!, I thought we have to go to a hotel, but this looks like a complete house. Or does it belong to one of your Ghanaian friends?? ", A confused Matt kept bombarding his father with questions

"Take your time son. This is our house",
Mr Boston said laughing at the confused boy

" How??, And when did you come to Ghana to talk of purchasing a house here??"

"When your mum and I got married, we came over to Ghana to see her parents who had settled in Ghana, we also came for our honeymoon here you know?, So we came to the eastern parts of Ghana to explore the place and your mum insisted we buy this house because she loved it. Now it's looking kinda old do I would have to do some renovations here", Matt's father explain as simply as he could.

" Oh I see"

" Go take a shower Matt, after we will go out to get something to eat"

"Okay dad"

~~~

*Ama's POV*

I still couldn't believe my fate. Right now I was experiencing mixed emotions; I was happy, sad, disturbed, upset all at once.
I was happy because I was released from the palace till the gods decide what to do with me after their numerous decisions.
I was also sad, disturbed and upset because I was hundred percent sure that I was going to spend the rest of my life in that shrine as a slave. I couldn't believe fate brought me to this after trying to achieve my goals all comes to a bad end like an egg being crushed on a rock.

"So you have been here all this while??"

I was startled upon seeing my cousin, this meant she had been sitting by me for sometime now without me noticing

"When did you come here Emefa??"

"Not long ago, you looked so lost in thoughts Ama. See the thinking wouldn't help right now. It's going to affect you later on oh! "

" Don't tell me that Emefa!!, If you were to be in my shoes I'm sure you would have done worse. Do you know what I'm going through right now?, Do you even know how it feels to hear that you are going to spend the rest of your life serving in a shrine and bringing forth children with a chief priest as a payment for a punishment you know nothing of?, I'm sure you definitely do not know how this feels. I don't know if I should even kill myself right now to end all this drama or nightmare"

I knew Asantewaa did nothing but cared for me and I was grateful but nothing was ever going to change. It's either I accept my fate or think of a way to change my fate forcefully...

Poor Ama 😥.
How do you guys see Matt., For me he is an ignorant and cool guy😂😂, I possibly don't know about you
Please vote 🌟😊