8

The brothers remained silent as they dressed and packed for the road. Castiel was thinking about what to say to Gabriel about meeting with Sam and Dean at the diner. Gabriel, on the other hand, was thinking about Dean and his little brother's secret meeting. Was this another one? Would he be playing some sort of third wheel? God, he hoped not.

There were several diners in the area, some close, and some far away. Gabriel almost opened the car door to Dahlia, his '69 Dodge Charger, before Castiel stopped him.

"There's a diner across the street. It's within walking distance... how about we go there?" His suggestion made Gabriel's eyebrow quirk up. Had they eaten so close? Maybe that's why he didn't know. He could hear Dahlia's engine a mile away, it would have been better for Castiel to walk.

Once again, the brothers were silent next to one another. Castiel looked as if he wanted to say something, but didn't. The only words that had left his mouth were about the diner and its location. Well, up until they reached the door.

Castiel grabbed Gabriel's elbow, preventing him from seeing anything inside. "Gabriel... you should know something before we go in..."

The dramatic pause gave Gabriel a chance to finish Castiel's sentence. "You're seeing the Ken doll that is your guardian angel." The younger Novak squinted and titled his head in confusion. "Dean-o texted you this morning about a 'diner from last night' and a time for meeting up. Do you guys need my blessing to date or something?"

Heat rushed up to Castiel's ears and cheeks. "Gabriel!" He smacked his older brother's arm, both in embarrassment and minor frustration for being interrupted. "T-There is nothing happening between me and Dean!" Gabriel raised both his brows. "This is a meeting between me, you, Dean, and Sam."

'Sam?' Gabriel frowned, jerking his elbow off Castiel's hand. "I know you're not joking, your jokes suck." A minor glare was shot his way. "Why the hell would we need to meet up with S- with those douchebag angels?"

The door to the diner suddenly opened, stopping Castiel from replying. "Those 'douchebag angels' saved your life, shortstack." Dean's voice was low, a warning to not continue any further. "Shut up and get inside the diner, both of you. Sam and I are losing our patience waiting and listening to you two bicker."

Gabriel held back a snarky remark that was on the tip of his tongue and went inside. Castiel dropped his head apologetically and followed his brother, not waiting for the comment from Dean that his anger was not directed towards the younger hunter.

Just like the night before, their place of seating was in a secluded corner, though it was not away from everyone else due to the time of day. Sam didn't look like someone you would know as 'the Devil', he looked normal. A cup of coffee in hand and looking through the newspaper. Unfortunately, his calm and collected demeanor fell when the other three reached the booth.

Before they could begin talking, the waitress waltzed over, eyeing Sam a little more than she should've. "What can I get you?" She wasn't asking everyone, just Sam.

"Coffee, black, and the classic eggs benedict." Castiel pushed his menu to the front. He always ordered that at a diner.

Gabriel sighed and tossed his menu on top of Castiel's. "Hot chocolate with whipped cream and a short stack with strawberry syrup." He watched the waitress jot it down, continuously eyeing Sam. A surge of what he could only pinpoint as jealousy coursed through his veins... why?

"Two coffees, black with sugar and a side of creamer." Dean was ordering for him and Sam, because his younger brother remained silent when the waitress looked at him. "And that'll be all," he squinted at her nametag. "Melony."

Melony silently huffed and walked away. She had expected an answer from Sam, but nothing happened.

"Alright," Gabriel smacked his hand on the table and let out a long sigh. "What the hell are we doing here? And why were you with Castiel last night?"

Dean held his hands in the air. "Calm down, Gabriel. We wouldn't be around your ungrateful ass if it wasn't important." He let out a grunt when Castiel kicked the archangel's knee, silently telling him to be less rude. "A lot of information needs to be put out. The, uh, guardian angel stuff mostly. But first, Sam is going to talk about what happened to you, Gabriel."

What happened? "You mean with me almost dying and him not being my knight in shining armor?"

A series of color profanities left Sam's lips, but not in a language Gabriel and Castiel could understand. "Maybe you should listen to the story before you make wild assumptions," Sam growled. His hazel eyes were slowly becoming a pale, glowing red. Dean smacked his younger brother's thigh, a silent demand to relax. The eyes returned to their normal color. "Please listen with no interruptions, I'll tell you when you can speak."

The hunters nodded in understanding. Well, Castiel glared at Gabriel until he agreed with a scoff.

"Good." Sam leaned back in his seat. Before he could start, Melony came over with their food and drinks. A hard glare was sent her way until she left them alone. "Now, I was in Hell when this situation took place..."

This is Dahlia by the way

This is Dahlia by the way... Isn't she a beauty?