9

(Warning: Dark-ish themes, torture, what can be considered gore...)

Hell had been quiet since the 'Alex' incident. Some of the demons had known the poor bastard was going to kidnap and kill the older Novak, but said nothing. The two demons had decided to keep their mouths shut about it, not wanting to get on Sam's bad side.

Too bad for them. The archangel was furious and demanded to know if anyone knew about Alex's plan. If those who knew didn't step forward then, Sam swore they would receive the worst punishment possible with him. Hours upon hours of torture... his torture, the worst kind.

Of course, the two demons didn't step forward. They were thinking that getting away with it would be easier if they left, but Sam caught them at the door.

"And where do you think you two are going?" Sam tilted his head and looked down at them with questioning eyes. "Last I checked, you torture souls in Hell, not Earth." Both demons looked away, immediately giving him the answer as to why they were leaving. "I see..."

Sam snapped his fingers, the sound echoing throughout the throne room, which disappeared in a matter of seconds. Replacing the throne room was a place that every demon knew to be one where they never should end up in.

It was dark, darker than any place in Hell. There were candles around the room, but didn't provide enough to make out certain parts of the room. Around the room, two chairs were visible, both were occupied by the two demons.

They were restrained in every way possible. Cold metal cuffs refrained their wrists, ankles, and neck from moving. The demons were also prevented from leaving their vessels, Sam made sure of that.

Then there was a small table next to the chairs. An archangel blade was the first weapon on it, the others looked like medieval torture devices. But they weren't simple torture devices from those times... they had a special effect on celestial and damned beings. It was like putting a human through shocked therapy, or performing surgery while the patient is awake with no pain medication, or near death.

"So..." Sam picked up his archangel blade, examining it with a sigh. "When were you going to tell me that you knew about Alex's plan to kill Gabriel Novak?" His voice was surprisingly calm, which made the demons feel uneasy.

One of the demons, Serena, smiled as politely as she could, hiding her fear. "W-We were going to tell you... but y-you were kind of busy." She was referring to him torturing and killing Alex himself, which took several hours.

Sam tsked, shaking his head. "Wrong answer." The golden blade twisted into the demon's cheek, adding more pressure to her eye, before dragging over the rest of her face. Sam did not flinch at her screams, merely ignored them as he waited for a different answer from the other demon. "What's your excuse, Joseph? And don't lie, or you'll lose your eye this round."

"Th-There are o-others who are questioning your n-new rules." Joseph whimpered, trying to move his head from the archangel blade next to his eye. "T-The apocalypse and how y-you told us not t-to harm the Novaks..." He shook his head. "S-Some of us h-have been following o-other orders..."

Other orders? Sam dropped the blade to his side, tapping it against his thigh. "Kudos to you for telling the truth." He tossed the blade back into his hand, then drove the blade into the truthful demon's forehead. Screams were once again ignored. The archangel had something more important thundering in his ears, clouding any noises or voices that wanted to be heard.

There was a demon putting out orders about killing the Novaks, which would stir a war between Heaven and Hell. A different apocalypse. An apocalypse no one needed, especially Sam.

"Your life's on the line for this one," Sam informed Serena. The demon flinched hard when the archangel brought the blade back to her cheek. "I suggest you tell me the truth this time." He crouched down, dragging the blade with him. It stopped at her left arm's wrist. "Who's been giving those orders?

Serena let out a shaky breath. "L-Lilith mentioned t-the apocalypse a-and how the demon w-who was supposed to b-be convert Castiel didn't n-need to do th-that... a demon n-named T-Tristen started i-it."

'Tristen'. Sam hummed and stood up, taking the blade off of Serena's skin. The demon let out a sigh of relief... a moment too soon. "I appreciate you telling me the truth this time." He placed the blade on the table, hovering his palm over two devices. One looked like sheep shears, except the end where the scissor-like blade would be was what looked like a crocodile's mouth. The other was about the size of two pencils put together. It had a ball near the end of it and a small spike peeking from the tip. "However... you still lied to me. And I hate liars, especially in a situation like this."

The demon's eyes widened. "W-Wait! B-But I told you--"

"Stop." Serena shut her mouth, watching Sam's eyes switch from a dark hazel to bright red. "I'm going to give you two options, and you have ten seconds to choose one, or I will choose for you." He turned to her, picking up both devices and presenting them. "Crocodile shears or the lead sprinkler? Your choice."

She didn't want either one. From her time alive, she knew exactly what those devices did. And with the magical restraint Sam had on her body, it was going to hurt like a bitch. Just as she opened his mouth--

"Time's up." Sam put the lead sprinkler back on the table, sighing. The ending of the iron device in his hands lit up, sizzling to show its temperature was changing. "Oh- and I'm not going to kill you." The crocodile mouth opened, the two parts of the blade sinking into Serena's left shoulder. The sizzling became louder, but not loud enough to dominate the demon's screams. "But by the time I'm done with you..." He bent down, putting his mouth an inch from her ear and dropping his voice to a whisper, "you're going to be begging for death."