18

What's up my dudes! Sorry for not updating, I don't have a big excuse for it this time. Just a quick note before we dive in! There won't be any warnings for serious injury or blood anymore... not even torture unless it's insane because this is Supernatural, people. If you've got a problem, put it in the comments and I'll go back to the warnings, other than that... I'm not gonna type them in the chapters. Okay, I'm done for now... enjoy chapter 18!

Dean tried his best to remain by Castiel's side at all times. On hunts, in Dahlia, at diners and restaurants, and especially by his side in bed. (Get your head out of the gutter) His presence proved to be calming and with his grace, Dean had the ability to chase Castiel's nightmares away.

The archangel even went so far to ignore Heaven's calls. He knew it pissed his brothers off, but what else could he do? The newfound bond put Dean on edge if he was away for too long. (And last time he'd met up with the other angels, well.... Dean had a small understanding as to why Gabriel hates them)

Right. Gabriel. The topic was stress-inducing. Castiel freaked out and had a panic attack when the news switched on. Massacres that took place in small towns, situations the government couldn't explain-- all those dated back to what happened in Brownwood.

Castiel often told Dean that because of his job description, he shouldn't be so overwhelmed by it. So, those panic attacks would sometimes be forced down and wouldn't be mentioned until his worries and flashbacks morphed into nightmares.

"You can't lie to me, Cas. It ain't possible." Dean said. Castiel had just finished drying his tears and was wrapped around the archangel. "Please... let me help you."

That was three months ago.

Now, five months after Brownwood, the two were attached at the hip and Castiel trusted Dean completely. Even if it was difficult as a hunter to do so... Dean saved his life multiple times and proved to be someone Castiel could rely on.

Next time they stopped by a gas station or shopping plaza, Castiel was going to buy gloves. There wasn't at all a problem with putting his hands in front of the fire to warm them... it just seemed strange because it was a body burning and not wood. Salt and burn.

"I'm not sure Michael Bullock is going to be thrilled about you using his remains as firewood." Dean stood next to him, watching Castiel huff and shove his hands in his pockets. "Here, give me one of your hands."

Castiel, with no hesitation, grasped Dean's left hand with his. The warmth was instant, in both his body and chest. "How cliché," he commented sarcastically.

Dean brought his free hand to his chest and gasped in mock offense. "How dare you downgrade my generosity!" His lips morphed into a pout. "And I'm a classy lady, Cas. Take me on a date first." The shit-eating grin classified his response as a joke.

It really wasn't. With Castiel and Dean being intimate with one another, the bond decided to bump up. It was sick, in a way. The archangel never wanted to move up unless absolutely necessary... What took their bond to the next level was Castiel jumping into Dean's arms and sobbing for hours after Gabriel died.

"Just say when and where, Dean, and you've got yourself a deal." Castiel always answered with that, but neither decided to push forward with what he was saying. Both wanted to, but Dean was afraid and Castiel the same. "But you're gonna pay this time."

Dean laughed, slipping his fingers from Castiel's hand to smack his back. "That's hilarious. I paid last time." He didn't know if that was true. Paying bounced back and forth, mixing together until they lost count. "You're just saying that because you don't like putting money on the card illegally."

Before Castiel could reply in defense back, the sound of wings behind them. They both turned around and internally cursed. As he usually did, Dean stepped forward and stood up straight, a hard glare reaching his facial features. "Adam."

'Adam?' The hunter looked up at Dean with slight confusion. He knew this angel in front of them was one of the higher ups, an archangel like Dean, but never before had Adam graced them with his presence.

The archangel gave his brother a thin smile. "Dean," he greeted coolly. Then looked at Castiel. "Novak." His tone turned cold and tight, a mask to hide anger. "I come in peace, no need to get protective."

Dean did not step down. "What do you want, Adam."

"Nothing at the moment," his brother replied. He kicked at the grass below him. "I've just come to talk about Sam."

The other archangel didn't have to be touching Castiel to feel him tense up. There was an intake of breath from him, then a shaky exhale- but he did not move from his spot. "What about him?"

Adam looked at Dean curiously, then schooled his face. "I'm sure you've seen all that's happening on Earth, it is your new favorite place to be." He sighed and linked his fingers together. "You know he must be stopped, Dean. And you know exactly what I mean by that."

A long moment of silence, painful silence. Castiel watches Dean work his jaw, his fists clenching and unclenching, then finally growl out: "No." His eyes were on fire, making the hunter look away to watch Adam's reaction. "There is no way, in Heaven or Hell, that we're doing that."

"On the countrairy," Adam raised a brow at his brother. The way he was acting was not uncommon, just a little surprising. "Don't let your... humanity take over your grace, which is what you're doing. Our brother is destroying the human race as we speak, do you not care?"

'Of course I care.' This is a war he's been having with himself for months. What should he do with Sam? Injuring him was out of the question, because Dean wasn't ready to do that- and he never will be. "There are other ways to save him, the Empty is not going to be a good afterlife for him."

Thunder rolled around them. Castiel remembered that when he was younger, Gabriel would tell him the angels upstairs were bowling- and someone was really good with constant strikes. It didn't mean a competition anymore, the weather tied with an angel's 'emotions' at the time. Dean and Adam each had shortened fuses by now.

"How do you propose we... save him?" Adam asked icily. It seems as if he doesn't want to save Sam, like killing him is the only option. "As far as me and others are concerned, he's beyond saving, Dean."

Dean glanced over at Castiel. The poor human was confused on many levels, and it was about to get worse in this case. "The bond between him and Gabriel. They're at a point where... finding Gabriel and pulling him out from wherever he is will save Sam too." His eyes flickered to Adam. "I'm going to convince Sam to revive Gabriel. And hopefully... they can save each other."