✧ 001 ✧

SHIN AERA woke up with a mild headache; a silent pounding in her ears as she struggled to keep her eyes open

SHIN AERA woke up with a mild headache; a silent pounding in her ears as she struggled to keep her eyes open. The blaring alarm by her nightstand not at all helping her situation.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

She groggily reached to the side to turn off the sound, her hand missing quite a bit before it finally pushed the right button as silence surrounded her once more.

She let her stare fall on her ceiling as she took a deep breath,

She knew what the headache meant.

The past night, her parents called her from the other side of the country to make sure that she had studied her lessons in advance to prepare for her first day of school the next morning.

Aera, felt guilt creep up her system for forgetting; the past week when her parents were away was used to her advantage to hang out with Dan-I before middle school starts.

Ham Dan-I was unfortunately not going with Aera to Seung Ri Middle School, with her parents opting to let her take a public school by the name of Dae Dam Middle School.

Aera tried to plead, no, beg her parents to let her go with the brunette; but alas, when has her parents ever listened to her requests?

The moment they said no, the silver-head immediately stopped to ask; afraid that any more provocation would let them think that the brunette was a bad influence, and therefore maybe even ban the two from ever meeting.

Aera could handle being away from her brunette, but not being able to see nor hear her completely, was a whole different story.

She had gotten home late last night; with her and Dan-I exchanging a tearful goodbye, the latter promising to visit every weekend, with phone calls every night. The silver-head returning to their mansion with a tear-streaked face and bloated eyes, she was tired, and yet still forced herself to study in order to comply with her parent's wishes.

Hence, the headache.

She stayed in her laying position for a few more minutes before hearing a gentle knock by the door.

"Miss? Are you awake? The limousine is about to pick you up in thirty minutes." The soft voice of one of the servants in the house came through, pulling the silver-head out of her thoughts as she finally sat up, rubbing her eyes in the process to force herself to be awake.

"Yeah, I'll be ready in a bit." She answered with the same soft tone.

Standing up, she made her way to her bathroom; fixing herself as she stood by the mirror.

The frilly pink overalls by her closet reflecting themselves from where she stood.

Aera unconsciously let out an irked expression.

She thought the uniform was a little too out there.

The color, the accessories, even the design desired too much attention.

And for a girl who simply wanted to be out of the attention,

She couldn't say she liked it.

But when have my desires ever been given?

She thought bitterly as she put the uniform on; although planting a seed of doubt as her parents would have never cared for the uniform if the school wasn't top-notch.

The silver-head released a sigh as she viewed herself in front of the mirror.

This was it.

Three years o without Dan-I

Which meant three years of absolute hell.

After getting ready, the girl maneuvered her way from her room to the entrance of their house, waiting alongside the big doors for her service to come by.

Mornings were always like this--even when she was in primary school.

Her parents were never around to usher her to school, nor were they there to offer her breakfast--as a normal family would.

She grew up in the arms of her servants, which for the most part, doesn't rile up any type of resentment.

She absolutely adored the chef, the maids, the gardeners, and even the drivers, who seem to adore her just as much back.

They knew her by heart, and she, them.

Together with Dan-I, they were what she considered to be the closest thing to a family.

So, it definitely came as a surprise when two good-looking boys came out of her regular limousine, acting with utmost familiarity to the driver that she grew up with.

One of them has silver hair like hers--although a little darker, with a nonchalant expression, etched on his face.

The other was comparable to a puppy. He was smaller than the silver head but a bit taller than her.

Unlike the former, this one had a smile on his face, with a bright aura radiating off of him.

Her stare seems to have been felt, as moments later, their attention was focused on her.

Despite not knowing who they were, the silver-head noticed how the taller's expression seemed to soften, and the puppy's smile got even wider--if that was even possible.

"Oh you're here Aera, and I thought you were going to take all day again" The boy with silver hair teased, although it was evident from his gentle smile that it was without malice.

She was about to ask who they were, and how they knew her, or even why they were there in the first place; but before she could, she suddenly felt a force ram its way through her body, inevitably sending her in a bit of shock.

"AH-AH!" Her figure was engulfed by a pair of arms, a brown-head snuggling its way to her neck.

"I missed you,"

The silver head, with her eyes wide in both shock and bewilderment, was too shaken up with what was currently happening to speak.

Opting to stay silent, she tried to rack her brain for any answers as to who the mysterious boys seemed to be.

Her parents always forced her to make friends with the other rich kids, but she always made sure to do her research before actually meeting with them.

As her parents engraved into her mind--it was impolite and utterly shameful to come without proper knowledge on what they like, what they disliked, what their attitudes are--basically what to do to be their friends.

From every profile she memorized, she absolutely cannot remember who these two were.

Therefore, with much hesitance, she tried to voice out a question.

Her anxiety riding up as she tried to put on a confident face--although it came more menacing than it did being confident.

"U-uh," She started, eyes darting back and forth to the silver head, and the puppy who reluctantly let go as he felt her hesitance.

There was a pregnant silence, with both boys waiting patiently for the girl to speak.

Although their expressions turned from worry to shock the moment the question went out of their friend's lips;

"E-excuse me, but w-who are you?"

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧