✧ 007 ✧

[WARNING: MENTIONS OF PANIC ATTACK]

"AERA-AH!"

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

The silver-haired girl tore her gaze away from the shimmering blue sea and was immediately met with warm brown irises, paired with their usual bright smile.

"We're going to get some noodles, do you want to come with us?" Ju-in approached, with the usual bounce in his step as he grabbed both of Aera's hands and swung them back and forth.

After the very eventful morning, the group of friends finally arrived at the rural beach. Opting to walk alongside the shore to appreciate the scenery, only stopping when they neared a convenience store, with Ju-in convincing everyone how they should eat instant noodles to exploit their experience.

The girl allowed herself to show a small smile as she reached up to ruffle the boy's head. She was about to open her mouth to answer when Yeoryeong suddenly approached the duo, stood beside her, and looped free arms together, pulling the silver-haired girl close to her side. The force made Aera's hand drop from the boy's head. Dan-I, watching the interaction, followed suit, standing opposite the purple-haired beauty and beside her aloof friend.

"No, you guys go ahead. Dan-I and I will be strolling with Aera, as someone selfishly hogged her this morning." She then narrowed her eyes at who seemed to be Jiho who only scoffed in return, a sign of begrudging agreement, knowing full well that it was a fact he cannot refute.

Eunhyung approached the quartet, standing in front of Aera and beside Ju-in, the former simply displaying a blank face, used to the antics of her friends. The red-haired boy crouched down to level her eyes with his and showed a gentle smile.

"We'll be back, okay? Stay with Dan-I and Yeoryeong." He ruffled her head fondly, but his question was met with a silent gaze from the girl.

"Okay?" He asked once more, intent not leaving until he hears some sort of answer.

Aera nodded her head once. "Okay," she replied in a soft voice.

Euhyung smiled before turning his back and going to where his other friends were waiting, dragging a pouting Ju-in behind him. Aera watched as the boys' silhouettes get smaller.

"I guess Eunhyung still can't help but be protective," Dan-I mumbled under her breath.

"I can't blame him," Yeoryeong replied, hearing what Dan-I said as she let her gaze fall at the silver-haired girl who still had her eyes trained on the four boys' retreating figures.

It was hard to forget the time when Eunhyung has first gotten protective; sure, he was supposedly the dad of the group, but one specific incident led him to care for the silver-haired girl more attentively.